Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

SS helmet any good???

Article about: Was thinking of buying this it will.be my first ss helmet do you all think it is good or not.yo

Default SS helmet any good???

Was thinking of buying this it will.be my first ss helmet do you all think it is good or not.yo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS helmet any good???  
    Attached Images Attached Images SS helmet any good??? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS helmet any good???
    P
    Many

what's the price ?

I have seen this lid for sale and was not keen on it. Do you know the shell maker? Regardless, I did not like the design of the decal, (the rest of the helmet looked ok) the runes look ET but the outline of the shield looks more like a Pocher, and the runes sit to high within the shield - abit of a hybrid in my opinion.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    what's the price ?
    1950 pounds.

The decal is not original. I would keep looking. Jim G.

Just another ruined M40 !! That's a pun I just realized !! Ruined or Runed,in this case....both.

By the way...very smart choice showing it here first before buying it.
    Last edited by real steel; 09-17-2017 at 05:17 PM.

Agreed, it certainly appears to be a decal put on some years ago, it may have decent looking wear patterns, but those runes are way to high in the shield placement and one of them looks almost double the size of the other. Certainly not one I would pursue. Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Agreed, it certainly appears to be a decal put on some years ago, it may have decent looking wear patterns, but those runes are way to high in the shield placement and one of them looks almost double the size of the other. Certainly not one I would pursue. Leon.
    Yes i see what you are all saying.i will keep away from this one.its so hard to get a good one...but its amazing that some of the dealers have ones like this for sale..

They have them for sale like this one because they think it is real, or are trying to find someone who did not do research. Personally I think a lot of the dealers at major US shows who have fake SS helmets on their table for sale think their fakes are original. Internet dealers, well because of their lack of knowledge, they got stuck with the fakes, now they have to move them along & get rid of them.

Some when told their SS helmets are fakes, get quite insulted & snap back..."Well who are you" ? etc.etc. So as of late...at a show, pick it up, look at it & put it down & don't say anything

Quote by real steel View Post
    Some when told their SS helmets are fakes, get quite insulted & snap back..."Well who are you" ? etc.etc. So as of late...at a show, pick it up, look at it & put it down & don't say anything
    Words of wisdom .... its better that way ..because the one who does not argue is the one with the most knowledge...and to say .... " Thats who he is "

I pick an item up..I look at it with a Poker face and put it back down saying Thankyou for letting me see it.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill