Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS helmet, bought by a friend's wife, real or fake?

Article about: by helmetone This is why my wife knows not to buy any item for me unless I have already told her what to buy and where to buy it, or I just buy it myself and she wraps it for me to open My w

Default Re: SS helmet, bought by a friend's wife, real or fake?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    This is why my wife knows not to buy any item for me unless I have already told her what to buy and where to buy it, or I just buy it myself and she wraps it for me to open
    My wife will buy for me without my assistance, but only from one or 2 guys she affectionately calls my "helmet pushers" - the guys she claims got me addicted. Over the years, she has given me an M40 double decal combat police helmet, a relic but real FHH, a minty SD DRK (sorry for using the "M" word Doug), a commercial M18 style Luftschutz helmet, a few others, and my best helmet ever, a netted painted 2nd Id US M1 helmet that I have posted a number of of times over the years. Luckily, all have been real. I am truly a lucky man. Jim G.
    Last edited by helmet2id; 05-20-2012 at 05:38 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS helmet, bought by a friend's wife, real or fake?
    P
    Many

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    My wife will buy for me without my assistance, but only from one or 2 guys she affectionately calls my "helmet pushers" - the guys she claims got me addicted. Over the years, she has given me an M40 double decal combat police helmet, a relic but real FHH, a commercial M18 style Luftschutz helmet, and my best helmet ever, a netted painted 2nd Id US M1 helmet that I have posted a number of of times over the years. Luckily, all have been real. I am truly a lucky man. Jim G.
    Lucky indeed, Jim! Maybe I can work on training the wife to do exactly that, but once she realizes how much helmets REALLY cost, I'll be in for some trouble. She won't be a happy camper.

?

Where on earth do you chaps get these partners, all i get is socks, jumpers and track suits, oh and the odd "not another bit of old tat" , after 36yrs of marriage you would think that the old dutch would get it by now, the only piece of militaria she has ever liked has been the Gold Mothers Cross that i bought, and that was really for her because she thought she deserved it !!!!!!

Dave, all I get from my wife about my collection is the "evil eye" everytime a new package or item just "shows" up without explanation.

I have had a couple items from my wife over the last few years, all good thankfully and they were items I had seen and commented on to her, though what impressed me the most was she bought them in Britain and had the dealer ship them to her office in Holland to give to me months later, all without my knowing.

shame about the duff helmet, hopefully she can return it?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

My girlfriend got me a fixed bale M1 for what I think was my 17th birthday. I decided that I was in love. haha

Sorry guy, the helmet is bad.

?

They have produced more fake SS lids than the Third Reich have produced real ones.

Samir

?

Yes Dan a fake Pocher like you said! Also fake wire and looks like the liner is bogus to me too. 1500 GBP so about $2200 US. 4 times that much Frank? There is one (only a real one, wired SS) for sale behind the scenes, asking price is $30,000 US.....I passed....I think Oakleaf bought the EF in rough condition that was posted here by the owner years ago and is asking $12k or $10k or something like that.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Yes Dan a fake Pocher like you said! Also fake wire and looks like the liner is bogus to me too. 1500 GBP so about $2200 US. 4 times that much Frank? There is one (only a real one, wired SS) for sale behind the scenes, asking price is $30,000 US.....I passed....I think Oakleaf bought the EF in rough condition that was posted here by the owner years ago and is asking $12k or $10k or something like that.
    Doug, I dont have the funds right now, but if I did I would have made Kris an offer.

Samir

Quote by DougB View Post
    $30K? That's it?? I thought SS lids were supposed to be expensive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2