Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Is this SS Helmet in the Classified for real???

Article about: I sincerely hope no one bought it!! Sam - - Updated - - We should have had someone get his bank information and pretend to be a buyer. At least we could have had justice!! Sam

Default Re: Is this SS Helmet in the Classified for real???

I sincerely hope no one bought it!!

Sam

- - Updated - -

We should have had someone get his bank information and pretend to be a buyer. At least we could have had justice!!

Sam

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this SS Helmet in the Classified for real???
    P
    Many

I really do not think anyone bought it.
    chris

It has been marked as SOLD by myself. If I deleted it, it would have been gone forever. I have left it up as such so you guys can take screen shots and/or save any pertinent reference to this, just in case it winds up FOR SALE somewhere else. I have banned the new "member" - with NO forum posts, a yahoo email address, a fantasy price and NO PAYPAL.

It may be our dear friend Pavel, or one of the many copycats that capitalize on ignorance and sheer stupidity...

IMO, I am certain somebody would have fallen for it if it had not been reported by Bob Coleman.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Did anyone contact the dealer... what if you guys just banned an guy that was trying to sell an german helmet with fake decals?
    and maybe the guy didn't have any experience with german helmets?

Quote by Normandie View Post
    Did anyone contact the dealer... what if you guys just banned an guy that was trying to sell an german helmet with fake decals?
    and maybe the guy didn't have any experience with german helmets?
    Read the ad again, and more carefully Dear Colleague...

"This is the real deal".

If he had no experience, why would he not post it for review before listing?? He obviously new how to list it?? I doubt he was new and I am almost certain he new what he was doing!!

Richie, a lot of people think they've got the real deal as long as there is a SS mark, or a swastika and looks old..
    If someone had a old, shitty panties lying around, and was a AH mark on it, they would probebly think it was Adolf Hitler's panties :P

?

I find it ridiculous that this guy got through and i really think that there should be a maximum amount of proper posts on the forum before anyone can put items up for sale, at least in that way it goes in some small way to show committment, personality and sincerity in joining the forum , i realise that this is an attempt at another scam and that we self police the classifieds, but it only takes one to get through and some young inexperienced member could be the victim, self policing works but there is always a risk that a scammer can be missed and the damage done

Quote by davejb View Post
    I find it ridiculous that this guy got through and i really think that there should be a maximum amount of proper posts on the forum before anyone can put items up for sale, at least in that way it goes in some small way to show committment, personality and sincerity in joining the forum , i realise that this is an attempt at another scam and that we self police the classifieds, but it only takes one to get through and some young inexperienced member could be the victim, self policing works but there is always a risk that a scammer can be missed and the damage done
    Dave,

I could not have said it better myself.

I have been a proponent of the minimum forum post requirement thing, as well as WRF Club membership - BEFORE being allowed to sell in the classifieds - from the beginning.

Unfortunately, the issue seems to continue falling through the cracks...

Perhaps someday...

- - Updated - -

Quote by Normandie View Post
    Richie, a lot of people think they've got the real deal as long as there is a SS mark, or a swastika and looks old..
    If someone had a old, shitty panties lying around, and was a AH mark on it, they would probebly think it was Adolf Hitler's panties :P
    I understand, but...

Quote by davejb View Post
    Dave you are so correct.
    You are the man.
    Chris

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast