Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

SS Helmet heritage from my Unce

Article about: Hello Guys, i am Christian from Germany. I got a german helmet as a heritage from my Uncle. He was living in Berlin and collected WW2 items for a long time. The helmet has double decals but

?

Default SS Helmet heritage from my Unce

Hello Guys,

i am Christian from Germany. I got a german helmet as a heritage from my Uncle.

He was living in Berlin and collected WW2 items for a long time.

The helmet has double decals but they were scratched off maybe because in germany this signs are still not allowed to show.

I can still see the SS sign on the left and the party decal in the right. The inside is empty, there is no visible markings, only two letters U and D with white marker, i guess the letters of the original owners name.

My uncle bought this helmet in the 90s, he told me some years ago this hemet was found hidden in a garden house during its demolition in Brandenburg east Germany.

My question to you experts is can this really be a true SS Helmet, and what is the value?

If you need more pictures please let me know.
    SS Helmet heritage from my Unce

Thanks in Advance!
    best regards
    SS Helmet heritage from my UnceSS Helmet heritage from my UnceSS Helmet heritage from my UnceSS Helmet heritage from my UnceSS Helmet heritage from my UnceSS Helmet heritage from my UnceSS Helmet heritage from my UnceSS Helmet heritage from my UnceSS Helmet heritage from my UnceSS Helmet heritage from my UnceSS Helmet heritage from my UnceChristian

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Helmet heritage from my Unce
    P
    Many

?

Sorry, the SS decal is of course in the right and the party decal on the left:-)

Sorry Christian but bad news I'm afraid.
    Lets start with the shell - no German helmet had red undercoat or primer. Thats a sure indicator of a repaint and it goes downhill from there..... the black paint is postwar applied and decals are copies. Scratched off for reasons you suggest, but more likely a bikers SS copy helmet from the 1970's I would guess. Probably had a foam pad liner at one stage....

But hey, the average man in the street would be convinced.

Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Yep, nothing authentic with this lid.

?

ok thanks, seems he made a bad deal

Hello and welcome, sorry my friend but as the gents above have pointed out, this is not an original SS helmet. Sadly a post war re-paint and re-decal job that has then been messed around with for the second/third or forth time in it's life. This lid has sure taken one hell of a beating from the artificer! Leon.

MAP
    ?

Sorry for the bad news friend...

To add...I'm not even sure if the shell is original. Could be but looks odd from these photos.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Reproduction Shell...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Reproduction Shell...
    cheers, Glenn
    Glenn is correct - see the dented vent area? No original helmet would deform like that.... they were made of thicker metal!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "