Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Helmet identification and appraisal #1.... help please?

Article about: I've seen it a few times, not something I worry about unless other factors throw up red flags.

Default Re: SS Helmet identification and appraisal #1.... help please?

I've seen it a few times, not something I worry about unless other factors throw up red flags.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Helmet identification and appraisal #1.... help please?
    P
    Many

Hmmm, The liner is a little off putting, not that i doubt it's authenticity but the way it's fitted, as has been stated previously, Love the Shell! especially the quality of the folded rim and the overall condition =) Hope the decals check out, can't wait to see where this goes.

Cheers Phill.

Hello all,

I'm sorry but I'm unable to take additional photographs as the items have been sold.

Unfortunately, I believe I was taken advantage of and I am trying to learn the true value of the items. These photos can be enlarged, but they are the only photos I have available.

Thanks for the information you've offered thus far.

Regards,

Beth

?

Beth lets assume it is real. An M40 Q SS SD Helmet in this condition would be about $5500-$6500, assuming the liner is original (backwards liners did happen) but that decal remains on the left would detract from price up to $2000. Again, assuming the SS decal is real, the decal remains are real, and the liner is original to the shell. Without more pics it's impossible to really say however.
    Cheers
    Doug

?

I would have loved to have seen straight on shots of the decal. By the only pics you have provided the decal appears to have a very minor printing flaw only seen on "Q" type patterns. I guess we will never know. By the way, how much was the asking price?

Samir

Thank you, Gentlemen.

All I can say at this point is that the price was paid was less than 10% of its value.

I appreciate all the information you guys have been willing to share.

There are a few dealers I know of who are infamous for preying on the unaware. Their first tactic is to try to see how much you know about your items, and then they throw out a big number to buy the whole lot, rarely individual pieces. They also usually point out only the bad attributes of the items in question, all of this is to lower your perception of the items true value. It has unfortunately become an art of the unscrupulous in this hobby.

Corey

Quote by coupled27 View Post
    Hello all,

I'm sorry but I'm unable to take additional photographs as the items have been sold.

Unfortunately, I believe I was taken advantage of and I am trying to learn the true value of the items. These photos can be enlarged, but they are the only photos I have available.

Thanks for the information you've offered thus far.

Regards,

Beth
    You have been offered a price for the helmet and you agreed and sold it , I don't see how that could become 'taken advantage of'.
    More like 'I didn't do my homework'.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    You have been offered a price for the helmet and you agreed and sold it , I don't see how that could become 'taken advantage of'.
    More like 'I didn't do my homework'.
    Schwerpunkt is correct, Beth. Next time ( if it happens again ) by way of homework, please ask here FIRST. It appears you were inquiring "after the fact" as to the true value and it came as a shock .... but now you know, eh?
    regards, Dan

Thanks Gentlemen,

I do appreciate your information and input.

Cheers,

Beth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2