Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

ss helmet/ no decal?

Article about: IM SORRY BUT WHILST THE Pea dot is interesting the fresh liner ,and the name dont impress me ,far too fresh for being in a war ,and 60 years of patina.,but i appreciate you putting the pics

Default Re: ss helmet/ no decal?

Here's one, but it's Luftwaffe.
    Attached Images Attached Images ss helmet/ no decal? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss helmet/ no decal?
    P
    Many

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    I love that helmet Chris. It will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine. Jim G.
    I love it also .I got alot of helmets but this is my baby.

Chris

Quote by lach470 View Post
    I've tried the War graves archives but I came up dry. Not sure where else I can look.....I'd love to see the other helmets that you have seen in this pattern (heer helmets).
    There are ALL kinds of different camo patterns out there....there was no set rule of thumb in the creation of these. That I guess is part of what makes these so interesting!
    Cheers guys!
    Rob
    Does The German War graves archives includes the missing in action.

Rob your mature way of dealing with my doubts on the helmet are refreshing.i see other guys think its a good one which im happy about for you,lv

Thanks! Chris: I think it's only for soldiers who were confirmed KIA as you can also look up their grave site.
    That said - after a while - all MIA were eventually considered KIA (not sure how long though, a couple years?)....so that said - perhaps it does include the MIA?

I'm not quite sure....

Cheers!
    Rob

Quote by lach470 View Post
    Thanks! Chris: I think it's only for soldiers who were confirmed KIA as you can also look up their grave site.
    That said - after a while - all MIA were eventually considered KIA (not sure how long though, a couple years?)....so that said - perhaps it does include the MIA?

I'm not quite sure....

Cheers!
    Rob
    Rob , I think in the US there is someone who does research on SS names ,it costs a little but it seems to be a trustable guy
    I like your helmet but for sure there is no way to say it's a SS camo other than the name !
    Very nice pic Wehrmacht39 ,I have a good friend who owns his brother , a great helmet

I too have heard of him....Paul H. (Lakesidetrader) who I got the helmet from knows him I think and I will see if I can take it from there. I'm under the impression that he only charges you IF he finds the person you are looking for (but I'm not 100% sure on that).
    In any case....will look into it and see what's what.
    Thanks!
    Rob

?

Rob you need to search the NARA archives and I know of several that offer this service. It is hit and miss but you never know and even a name match wont guarantee it is your man, as soldiers in other branches could also have that name. Handwriting match would seal the deal however.

Las Vegas, white is impossible to photograph accurately without some high end gear and lighting, and often shows brighter and more reflective in photos, esp flash photos, than in hand under natural light. I have many named and personalized helmets and seen many more, I have no problem with Robs personalization. It is a very nice example of a dot camo helmet, one very similar surfaced out of the woodwork in the US not long ago and sold by Ken B.

Not sure if the camo pattern represents itself as SS however, the camo pattern is an effective one for any western European woodland area and can see any branch using this pattern.

Nice helmet Rob.

PS back to the thread topic, sometimes no decals have SS personalizations, I owned one at one point but they are hard to prove unless they have provenance. I do own a no decal M42 that has clear signs of a helmet cover being on it, old paint scratches where the clips would have been fastened on give it away.

I will look into the NARA archive service Doug! Many thanks for the help! It's much appreciated!
    Cheers man!

Rob

?

Dieter Stenger of Stenger Historica and Mike Constandy of Westmoreland Research offer this service and there is another that Roy had some good luck with, I have his name in my files if interested. Expect to spend at least $150 with no guarantee of finding your man, yours is a real shot in the dark.
    Cheers
    Doug

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast