Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Helmet Opinions

Article about: I have posted some of the pics in the past, but I need to find them

?

Default Re: SS Helmet Opinions

I have posted some of the pics in the past, but I need to find them
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Helmet Opinions
    P
    Many

?

Found just one thread, but I need scan the pictures
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/battl...how-front-885/
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Dim i love your old photos from this time , when good stuff was still on the surface !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Here is the map I was describing earlier. I did make a second larger scale map from google earth with the old map as an overlay but I can't seem to find it now. Bjakowo is highlighted in yellow toward the top left, which might help you with the orientation.

SS Helmet Opinions

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Dim i love your old photos from this time , when good stuff was still on the surface !!
    This time Paul, I didn't take that kind of "crap", there was other requirements:
    1: Edge must not have a rusty craters
    2. This must be a DD helmet, or at least with 95% decal helmet.
    3. The surface paint remaining at least 90%

All the white painted helmets, was cleaned up to original feldgrau paint ( we count them as a destroyed original, due 85 % of the helmets found was winter camo, and original apfelgreen or first factory paint was a real rare bird)

I have had approx 20 DD FJ helmets stored in my basement, but they was stolen in 1992 year, never floated again, but they was really in condition- you will never say they are dug, most of them was from the Dubovik, Wolchow front
    Regards,
    Dimas

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Found just one thread, but I need scan the pictures
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/battl...how-front-885/
    If only my dad had known , we were in Donetsk in the early 80s , my dad would have gone nuts if he found a forest like that. He asked around for militaria the three weeks we were there.
    He only got a decorated pin to put on a flag pole , don't even know it's WW2 era.

?

Thanks everyone who replied. I really appreciate the info on this helmet. As I noted in my first post I do want to sell it and I will post it in the classified section here. I hope someone who is a memeber here will enjoy it as much as I have.

Quote by Eike41 View Post
    Thanks everyone who replied. I really appreciate the info on this helmet. As I noted in my first post I do want to sell it and I will post it in the classified section here. I hope someone who is a memeber here will enjoy it as much as I have.
    A LOT of us here would enjoy having that helmet. Rest assured it will be in a good home, where ever it ends up.

Great ET SS helmet,shows all the characteristics you would want to see,i don't think you will have any trouble finding a new home for this one!! Leon.

Quote by Dimas View Post
    This time Paul, I didn't take that kind of "crap", there was other requirements:

I have had approx 20 DD FJ helmets stored in my basement, but they was stolen in 1992 year, never floated again, but they was really in condition- you will never say they are dug, most of them was from the Dubovik, Wolchow front
    Ouch that must have hurt , bastards.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast