Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS helmet photo

Article about: no,there are two photos of these helmets during the wedding.the other one is taken from the same angle and little bit more fuzzy. D'alquen, Thank you for the explanation of the uniform!

?

Default SS helmet photo

hi,what is the decal these guys have on their helmet? Skull?
    Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS helmet photo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS helmet photo
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS helmet photo

Click on the picture 2x - yes, there are totenkopfs on the helmets! Great picture, thanks for posting it. Jim G.

?

Also a wedding with black funeral arm bands, national mourning, Kaiser Wilhelm perhaps

?

Wow that's super!! The rarest SS helmet there is, no known one exists today that I am aware of. These were early helmets worn by SS-TV I think and would have been redecalled with the runic and party decal. I don't think it was even an official decoration of the helmet and was perhaps done at a unit or subunit level.
    No cuff titles to be seen.
    GREAT photo!

Great pic. If only you had the helmets to go with it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Notton,
    Thank you for posting this excellent picture. Can you tell the regiment number from the original? It looks like 40. I don't think they are SS-TV per se Doug. The only unit I have identified wearing the skull badge on their helmet is Sondersturm Renthof.
    d'alquen

Quote by davejb View Post
    Also a wedding with black funeral arm bands, national mourning, Kaiser Wilhelm perhaps
    Surely not Wilhelm II. No national mourning period was held over his death and offiical memorial ceremonies in the Reich were even prohibited. Furthermore, Wilhelm II. died in 1941 and that does not match with the uniforms and insignia seen here. Could be Hindenburg's death in 1934, though.

Anyway, a great photograph!

?

Holy crap! Anyone else have photos of these lids?? Would love to see more if possible.

?

d'alquen , actually it is an early ss album photo that I found some weeks ago. the album is a mystery for me ...the name of the guy who is married is schmitt from Naila(41) near Bayreuth and is full of unknown ss uniform like these one in the pictures below.SS helmet photoSS helmet photo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS helmet photo  

Thanks Notton,
    The uniform you enquire about is the olive green training uniform, (Uebungsanzug), introduced in 1933. It was worn at the various training schools that were set up, mostly by the SA, and was considered an SA uniform whenever it crops up in documents.
    Are there any other shots of the helmets in question?
    d'alquen

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast