Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

'SS' Helmet - Real or Not?

Article about: Hey guys, I've been offered this supposed SS Helmet, the seller wants \\$800 for it. I bought a few things from him awhile ago, but don't know him enough to really trust him. Besides if whethe

Default 'SS' Helmet - Real or Not?

Hey guys,
    I've been offered this supposed SS Helmet, the seller wants $800 for it. I bought a few things from him awhile ago, but don't know him enough to really trust him. Besides if whether I trust him or not doesn't mean he knows what he's talking about. So, do you guys think its real and if so what would it be worth without the Liner and Chinstrap? Any information is greatly appreciated. This is only my second post but so far you guys have been very helpful.

Thank You,
    Cpl Mark Fidler, (USMC)
    Wounded Warrior

'SS' Helmet - Real or Not?'SS' Helmet - Real or Not?'SS' Helmet - Real or Not?'SS' Helmet - Real or Not?'SS' Helmet - Real or Not?'SS' Helmet - Real or Not?'SS' Helmet - Real or Not?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 'SS' Helmet - Real or Not?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 'SS' Helmet - Real or Not?
    P
    Many

I say no way Mark.
    Fake round bottom decals and looks like the paint has been hit by a blowtorch to age it.
    Nothing to see here soldier!

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I say no way Mark.
    Dan
    I agree with Dan on this and just a note to Dan. We refer to our selves as Marine's not Soldier's!. (A soldier is army) It's a Marine thing.
    Semper Fi Mark and thank you for your service and sacrifice for our country. IT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Hello Mark, welcome to the forum. I am afraid the guys are spot on. This is an original M40 shell that has been aged(badly) with fake decals. The runic decal is trying to look like an ET manufactured piece but it is nowhere close to what an original would look like. Leon.

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    I agree with Dan on this and just a note to Dan. We refer to our selves as Marine's not Soldier's!. (A soldier is army) It's a Marine thing.
    Semper Fi Mark and thank you for your service and sacrifice for our country. IT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Apologies from a civvy, guys..
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Decals are bogus.

?

Bogus helmet

I'm not a SS man usually don't comment on the minefield but have to agree with all I don't like anything about it if original shell good at best in a display corner by me not worth much but shell price. timothy

The price alone should be a red flag. There are no bargains in collecting anymore. If it is too good to be true, it likely is not.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

For sure repro decals on this one.