Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Is this SS helmet right?

Article about: I Wouldn’t touch that one with a flaming stick (Don’t know if it’s only a Danish expression )

?

Default Re: Is this SS helmet right?

Those with more experience should be able to determine one way or the other.....at least the seller has sent a nice close up!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this SS helmet right?
    P
    Many

I'm taking those markings as ckl66 5393. That lot number range does have a few SS helmets but the exact number is not listed, and it is dangerously close to the decal application cut off point (I don't know exactly when this happened).

The decal seems to be the ET(ckl) pattern, but for the colour which is more like the NS/SE 'champagne' runes. The decal is too damaged for me to tell the difference between the two. I'm on the fence but it has a shot I think, wait for heavier opinions though as I still be learnin' my SS trade.

Edit: I'm pretty sure it's a fake ET decal now I have the laptop indoors. I have found the seller also I believe (on ioffer?), and the rest of his stuff is crap .

I hope it is real but my instinct says otherwise based on the price alone. A simple google search will give sellers an indication of value and people aren't stupid.

?

I mean if you had this lid for sale.....I doubt there's any chance you'd be asking 250 for it....I mean if I were offered it, I might take it, for the shell alone....and on the very off chance it was correct....

Quote by mcmike View Post
    Attachment 359348
    Seller, in Europe, says HKL66.
    Looks a LOT like the fake one I took OFF my helmet!

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this SS helmet right?   Is this SS helmet right?  

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I have found the seller also I believe (on ioffer?), and the rest of his stuff is crap[/B] .
    If this is true, i.e. that the item is being offered for sale on that site, then I would be very careful. It is renowned for reproduction items being passed off as genuine.

Regards,

Carl

?

I looked on Ioffer but the helmet is not there. There are some REAL stinkers there, tho'.

Danmark: The decal looks amazingly similar to the one on your helmet. Hmmmmmmmm.

?

Ioffer would definitely not be the place where I would buy my SS helmet. I think the percentages of garbage is even higher that it is on ebay…

Doug, Samir or Frank should soon make a comment and I am afraid you won’t like the answer.

Cheers Alex

?

looks like the decal was sand blasted

I found some more SS lids on ioffer with the exact same background from a seller called 'combatline'

Here is another of his treasures, a named double decal SS M35 for $1200. I'll take 3.

Notice how many pics he has helpfully provided, but no close up of either decal

SS helmet. German ww2. M-35. double decal. Q62. Named to Riecken. for sale

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast