Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS helmet SD

Article about: Hi Would anyone be able to tell me if the helmet decal looks ok? Thanks Will

?

Just checked the listing of this on Ebay the helmet sold for over $1000. I wonder what they would have received

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS helmet SD
    P
    Many

Comparing to my Q decal, looks legit...would have to have in hand to feel the texture to say for sure.

Just my .02

?

Quote by klashownz View Post
    Comparing to my Q decal, looks legit...would have to have in hand to feel the texture to say for sure.

Just my .02
    If you say that this decal is exactly the same as yours, then I think you have a problem...
    Can and will you post yours please so we can compare?
    Thanks.

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    If you say that this decal is exactly the same as yours, then I think you have a problem...
    Can and will you post yours please so we can compare?
    Thanks.
    Hi Krisse is right, even though in this thread I initially gave it a thumbs up, that was down to very sloppy close attention on my part! As I stated in a previous post, I had seen this decal before when Krisse posted it and argued quite forcefully with member Gobusik that sadly it was a fake. Eventually that fact was established and given "weight" by ex member Doug Buhler who was and is one of the foremost experts in the SS decal field. The details that show this one up as a fake are very small, but once you take a close look ( as Blackdog did and I failed to do!!) they are quite evident. All that said, a $1000 dollars for this lid is a damn site less than a genuine SS helmet goes for so that tells a tale in it's own right!! Leon.

One tell tale sign of a real Q decal, the left Rune is wider, fatter than the right. I don't see that here. Hence...I would say fake.
    A real Q below. Notice the wider bottom half of the left rune
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS helmet SD  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2