Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Helmet w/ Winter Camo

Article about: Hi everyone, I've just purchased this relic condition helmet, and would like to know if it's the real deal or just another fake. Any assistance will be much appreciated! The only marking tha

Default SS Helmet w/ Winter Camo

Hi everyone,

I've just purchased this relic condition helmet, and would like to know if it's the real deal or just another fake. Any assistance will be much appreciated! The only marking that I can discern is a faint NS64.

I'll be happy to post better pictures if needed!

SS Helmet w/ Winter Camo SS Helmet w/ Winter CamoSS Helmet w/ Winter Camo SS Helmet w/ Winter CamoSS Helmet w/ Winter Camo SS Helmet w/ Winter CamoSS Helmet w/ Winter Camo SS Helmet w/ Winter CamoSS Helmet w/ Winter Camo SS Helmet w/ Winter CamoSS Helmet w/ Winter Camo SS Helmet w/ Winter CamoSS Helmet w/ Winter Camo

Thanks,

Troy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Helmet w/ Winter Camo
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Troy,

I seriously recommend you post BEFORE you buy.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I am afraid that the helmet is a fake sir.
    It is hard not to jump on something that you want. This is what the fakers depend on.
    I hope you didn't spend a lot of money on this relic.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Troy,

I seriously recommend you post BEFORE you buy.
    Excellent advice. Welcome to the forum. I hope we can help you get a refund. Not only is the decal a fake but also the white paint is not period.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hi everyone!

Thank you for the sobering news! I just sent the seller the following email:

"Hi Denis,

I've shown a few people pictures of the SS helmets that I've purchased, and they all agreed that the $570 winter camo helmet and the $1,700 helmet are not authentic SS helmets, but are modified relics. I'm not at all accusing you of being aware of this, but I'm still very upset by this news. I hope that I can have a refund for the two helmets. I will gladly ship the helmets back to you.

Again, I hope there are not hard feelings. It's just that $2,250 is a lot of money for items that people think are fake, and I would very much like to do business with you in the future. I sincerely hope that refunding these helmets will not be a problem!

Best regards,

Troy"

As you can probably tell, I composed this email very awkwardly, as I have never been in this situation before. And I hope I will never have to go through this again! I can only pray that he gives me a refund.

MAP
    ?

We have all been there. So no need to feel ashamed. As I have said a hundred times on this forum, I have a draw full of expensive fakes. Even to this day I will typically seek advice or a second opinion before I buy anything.

So as noted above. ALWAYS post before you buy. No item is so rare that you have to immediately "buy it now". There is always another.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I'm not sure what action to take if he does not refund me. Should I attempt to remove the paint?

I feel for you.

Other than the color of the paint, what makes you guys think that the decal is fake?

MAP
    ?

The options depend on the situation. Was it an overseas purchase? Is it a private individual or a known dealer? Did you purchase by PayPal not as a gift? (If so, you could file a claim with Paypal and get your money back). But be persistent.

Either way, I would venture that the seller will dispute the advice given to you.

Removing the paint will do little to nothing to enhance the value. Without the paint and decal (if they were original), the relic shell is only worth $100 or so and that was before it was vandalized.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast