Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Hilfskrankenträger Helmet - Authentic? Value?

Article about: Hi all, Found this forum when googling and since a lot of the posts I've read seem very well informed I figured this was a good place to ask about my helmet. My father (who was a WW2 collect

?

Default SS Hilfskrankenträger Helmet - Authentic? Value?

Hi all,

Found this forum when googling and since a lot of the posts I've read seem very well informed I figured this was a good place to ask about my helmet. My father (who was a WW2 collector and trader) bought it something like 20 years ago, and when he passed away it was one of the few things from his collection I kept (everything else was sold through a well-known American auction house). Now I've realized that I could use the money more than the helmet so I figured I'd try to find out if it is indeed authentic, and how much it might be worth. I hope someone can help.

Since I'm no helmet expert I'll let the pictures speak for themselves so have a look and let me know what you think. Also, if you need more/better pictures (sorry about the terrible focus on the inside stamp) or any other information, please let me know.

Thank you!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Hilfskrankenträger Helmet - Authentic? Value?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Hilfskrankenträger Helmet - Authentic? Value?

Well... this helmet certainly has A LOT going on... I have absolutely no idea if it is real or not, but I am subscribing to this thread to enjoy the show. I am making a bowl of popcorn as we speak...!

My gut feeling is telling me that this helmet is fake... it's just too good to be true. IF this helmet is real, it'll be a real diamond... SS, snow camo, medic...

Can you post the maker, size, and lot # stampings? They are located on the inside of the helmet on the rear skirt (by the B in Huber), and above the left ear where the chinstrap attaches.

Also, could you type out what you think the stamps on the interior and exterior of the helmet say and the words stenciled around the circumference of the helmet?

?

Hi Jonas and welcome to the forum,

Can u take straight shots in macro mode of the SS decal? I barely can make out what's going on. It is critical that u do if you want a positive evaluation, thanks

Regards
    Samir

Welcome to the forum; as SSamir has said we need a straight shot on that decal and more photos.

Welcome to WRF, by the way!

?

Nice to see my first post could spark such interest.

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    My gut feeling is telling me that this helmet is fake... it's just too good to be true. IF this helmet is real, it'll be a real diamond... SS, snow camo, medic...
    Yeah, that's my feeling too. But I'm obviously hoping someone will prove us both wrong.

Can you post the maker, size, and lot # stampings? They are located on the inside of the helmet on the rear skirt (by the B in Huber), and above the left ear where the chinstrap attaches.
    They are quite hard to make out, I'll upload a photo. I think the maker and size is a "Q" and then at least a "6".
    The lot # appears to be "2432".

Also, could you type out what you think the stamps on the interior and exterior of the helmet say and the words stenciled around the circumference of the helmet?
    The round stamp below the decal says something like this:
    "II *
    Eigentu*
    <runes> .3
    Kw."
    (The "*" means I can't make out what it says...)
    Slanted at the bottom right is perhaps "Zug"?

The stenciled text around the helmet is just "hilfskrankenträger" repeated. Same with the stamp on the inside (next to "Huber").

The dome stamp is pretty much impossible to read, perhaps with a better light and a magnifying glass. Will try to find that.

Quote by SSamir View Post
    Can u take straight shots in macro mode of the SS decal?
    Added a couple of macro shots, hopefully they are more useful. If not, let me know and I will make another attempt.

Thanks again!

SS Hilfskrankenträger Helmet - Authentic? Value?SS Hilfskrankenträger Helmet - Authentic? Value?SS Hilfskrankenträger Helmet - Authentic? Value?

?

Oh, and inside of leather liner is stamped "B 60" if that helps at all.

He will however keep an eye on the thread

Q is for the helmet manufacturer Quist. Can you post a picture of that stamp? The trend tends to be the larger the size, the more desirable...

?

Can you post a picture of that stamp? The trend tends to be the larger the size, the more desirable...
    I assume you mean the liner stamp?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast