Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS M 42 ET 70 DD battlefield damaged

Article about: I found some pictures of the helmet I've owe a couple of years ago. Just was look at the thread below about a huge size helmet, and thought that it's would be interesting to share this one t

?

Default SS M 42 ET 70 DD battlefield damaged

I found some pictures of the helmet I've owe a couple of years ago. Just was look at the thread below about a huge size helmet, and thought that it's would be interesting to share this one too. So here is SS ET 70 double decal helmet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS M 42 ET 70 DD battlefield damaged   SS M 42 ET 70 DD battlefield damaged  

SS M 42 ET 70 DD battlefield damaged   SS M 42 ET 70 DD battlefield damaged  

SS M 42 ET 70 DD battlefield damaged  
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS M 42 ET 70 DD battlefield damaged
    P
    Many

Default re: SS M 42 ET 70 DD battlefield damaged

must have been one big headed german

lovely ss relic dimas

Default re: SS M 42 ET 70 DD battlefield damaged

I love that helmet although it's too bad of it's condition.

Dimas, do you know from what region this helmet was found in or which SS division it may have been from.

rgds, Ty

?

Default Re: SS M 42 ET 70 DD battlefield damaged

That helmet was found by metal scrap collector in the Estonia, near the Tallinn, and no other story with it. By that way it can be belonged to any of Nederland, Nordland, Langemarck etc formations
    Regards,
    Dimas

M40 double decal helmet were rare Dimas, whats with an M42 having 2 decals????

And to be honest, both decals do not give me a warm fuzzy feeling

JMO

PHILBROWN
    ?

i dont wish to appear a sycophant, but i agree with john im affraid dimas, the ss runes dont look too bad, but the party sheild is a no,no, the sheild is not symetrical and shouts bad, sorry, and i was gonna be nice if i came back

?

The helmet was in nearly unrecognizible condition and a very cheap, less than 100 bucks and I was wondered about 2nd decal after the cleaning. No doubts guys, that is one original, and now sits in one of the advanced Russian collections
    Regards,
    Dimas

Quote by Dimas View Post
    and now sits in one of the advanced Russian collections
    But that does not make it right. Just because it sits in an "advanced" russian collection. Many a "high end " collector sits with some rubbish in it, and don't know it.

Sorry, i have to disagree Dimas, I don't like either of those decals, I'd be interested to see what Doug says. an M42 with 2 decals? nobody believes the M40's, why would anyone believe a 42?

Just my tuppence worth

debate is good

I do not have a problem with the rune decal but honestly i did not want to say anything about the party decal. But now that others have spoken up how did this particular m42 end up with one? I have seen 1 or 2 in the past but was skeptical of those as well.

Correct John, debate is good

Oh, welcome back Phil!

rgds, Ty

Hi,
    I have seen large german helmets but not that large, It must look
    out of place with the rest, Perhaps it was humpty dumpies,
    he had a big head. lol ET70 wow.
    Dave.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast