Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS M35 Helmet Shell

Article about: Hello all, I got this M35 SS Helmet from a friend of mine today. We are both not 100% sure of it being a legit SS helmet, but it does appear to be very convincing. The decal appears correct

This is probably best answered by Frank (Schwerpunkt) - he has used USB microscopes a lot.
    One thing i noticed though was there doesn't seem to be any metallic pulver evident.

What USB microscope did you get BTW?
    Nick

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS M35 Helmet Shell
    P
    Many

Got a Juilion digital microscope, I’m sure there’s better out there but it was cheap so figured I’d start with that one

Quote by chbingle View Post
    Got a Juilion digital microscope, I’m sure there’s better out there but it was cheap so figured I’d start with that one
    Yeah, mine is a bit like one of these. All the cheapish ones seem to be similar.
    There is a thread on it here:
    USB microscopes

Nick

Not seeing what I expect to see of the pulver so far but the quality is not super.
    Try to set it to a higher setting.
    The photo should be at least twice the size and show more color depth.

Here are 2 close-ups of an ET SS decal.

One at 25x and one at 200x

CLICK TO ENLARGE
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS M35 Helmet Shell   SS M35 Helmet Shell  

Some shot of my SS decal with USB microscope for reference:
    Ss ef m42 #1782

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Not seeing what I expect to see of the pulver so far but the quality is not super.
    Try to set it to a higher setting.
    The photo should be at least twice the size and show more color depth.

Here are 2 close-ups of an ET SS decal.

One at 25x and one at 200x

CLICK TO ENLARGE
    Still trying to figure this thing out haha, not seeing a way to enhance the quality any further besides zooming in and out. Here are a few more, will upload better ones if I can change the quality.

SS M35 Helmet ShellSS M35 Helmet ShellSS M35 Helmet ShellSS M35 Helmet Shell

Really seems like the best I can get so far is this quality, the decal being so worn of course doesn't help either but wish I could get better pictures

SS M35 Helmet ShellSS M35 Helmet ShellSS M35 Helmet Shell

I've been trying to mess with the lighting and distance with my microscope but it seems like I can't get any better quality pictures than the ones above. I haven't studied SS decals much, but could mine stand a chance of being original from the pictures provided? I've tried to do some research into the decals lately but guess I should've invested in a higher quality microscope

MAP
    ?

As Frank said as well, I'm not seeing any pulver.

I don't think it is the microscope. These cheap versions are all pretty generic and would not be surprised if they are all made by the same company in China. They all look exactly the same. I haven't used mine in a long time as the software that came with it flaky.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I connect mine to my Android smartphone with a USB OTG cable and use CameraFi as the app - I can get closer pictures than yours (see the linke above to my EF SS M42 helmet). I agree with Michael that the software is fiddly though (Either on a PC or a phone).
    I also agree in the lack of pulver in the decal - all other decals, this seems to be evident in the close-ups..
    Nick

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3