Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS M40 from Belgium

Article about: by talltom haha i think ive worked it out is it the very corner of the rune at the bend in the shape (highlighted bit) Attachment 288012 am i close?? Correct! That's what Doug is referring t

?

Default Re: SS M40 from Belgium

Hi Wayne, been doing my day job today. Hi Samir, not handled "hundreds" of Q's (I wish!) but have handled a "lot"! However, it doesn't look like a Q decal, it looks like a Pocher as it appears to have the runes end at the break not below as a Q will have. Wayne I got to be honest, M40's with Pocher decals give me the heebie jeebies but they are out there as the odd reissue, they just need to be approached with caution as they are very very rare on M40s. I can't say I can find any red flags on the decal, its pretty damaged and would be something I would have to magnify and do a hands on but you've got it in hand so your the best judge with it and is probably good. I have limited hands on with SS relics, the few I have handled and examined have not been good ones with the odd exception so with relics I always am over cautious and probably a hard judge when it comes to photos so I tend not to say too much with SS relics as I find no matter how good the photo, the damage is so extensive to the decal as to voice an affirmative opinion is not something I am usually comfortable doing.

Hope that all makes sense Wayne!
    Cheers
    Doug

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS M40 from Belgium
    P
    Many

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Hi Wayne, been doing my day job today. Hi Samir, not handled "hundreds" of Q's (I wish!) but have handled a "lot"! However, it doesn't look like a Q decal, it looks like a Pocher as it appears to have the runes end at the break not below as a Q will have. Wayne I got to be honest, M40's with Pocher decals give me the heebie jeebies but they are out there as the odd reissue, they just need to be approached with caution as they are very very rare on M40s. I can't say I can find any red flags on the decal, its pretty damaged and would be something I would have to magnify and do a hands on but you've got it in hand so your the best judge with it and is probably good. I have limited hands on with SS relics, the few I have handled and examined have not been good ones with the odd exception so with relics I always am over cautious and probably a hard judge when it comes to photos so I tend not to say too much with SS relics as I find no matter how good the photo, the damage is so extensive to the decal as to voice an affirmative opinion is not something I am usually comfortable doing.

Hope that all makes sense Wayne!
    Cheers
    Doug
    That's very interesting Doug. A crucial part of the decal I overlooked. Good eyes Doug.

regards
    Samir

i'll take better pics after,, it's 4am and it's my 2 days off and i'm a tad drunk.......cheers doug and samir....
    wayne

Better pics taken outside without flash
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS M40 from Belgium   SS M40 from Belgium  

?

Wayne you got this in hand, looking through a loupe or something, does the left rune sit above the break or at the break?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Wayne you got this in hand, looking through a loupe or something, does the left rune sit above the break or at the break?
    Hi Doug, could you please explain what you mean about "the break" Cheers Phill

Quote by WOODSNAKE View Post
    Hi Doug, could you please explain what you mean about "the break" Cheers Phill
    just thinking the same there mate

I think it must be the positioning of the 2 Runes in relationship too each other Tom.......maybe?

haha i think ive worked it out is it the very corner of the rune at the bend in the shape (highlighted bit)

SS M40 from Belgium
    am i close??

Could be..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast