Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS M40 DD Shell

Article about: The M40 Q DD decals looks ok IMO, but I think the entire helmet always will be questioned by some.... Now the same guy are trying to sell a fake M40 SD Heer......

Default Re: SS M40 DD Shell

Here are two new pics!
    Still not as good pics as I hoped for....

Attachment 402072Attachment 402073

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS M40 DD Shell
    P
    Many

I don't feel confident enough in my knowledge of SS to make a definite call for you on such an unusual one, but I will say this much; If it's bad, I couldn't tell you why.

To me it looks spot on for a Q decal. The pic is still at a bit of an angle from above and the interior angles of the runes are gone sadly which would be nice to look at, but you might be really lucky here. What is he asking if you don't mind telling?

?

Looks like a good Q decal with a probable field applied party decal by Pocher, not Q. So it makes sense to me. Not as rare as a factory Q DD being reissued and probably a former Heer. Interesting helmet nonetheless. If cheap enough I'd go for it but try to get better photos first, head on, completely in focus, no glare.

I can't tell party decals apart for the life of me. Get runes down first I thought

Is it still only me that can see that 3rd shadow beside the HEER decal?Also there may be the slightest hint of red showing below the runic decal!Could this be a super rare DD M40, that had a factory re-furb and a single decal applied and then re-issued to the SS with field applied decals???Alot of life for one helmet!

Im very tempted to buy this shell!! But i want to be sure first, If its possible with this shell

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Is it still only me that can see that 3rd shadow beside the HEER decal?Also there may be the slightest hint of red showing below the runic decal!Could this be a super rare double decal M40, that had a factory re-furb and a single decal applied and then re-issued to the SS with field applied decals???Alot of life for one helmet!
    I also see the hint of red below the runic decal, but that could easily be paint transfer from something the helmet rubbed up against!

Regardless of that, this is one interesting helmet indeed!

Doug really knows his stuff on these, so I would go with his opinion. To my slightly trained eye I would say that it's a good one.

Unfortunately the auction for this lid has ended and minimum price wasnt reached (800 euros was offered). However I do hope that Anton will manage to get it somehow anyway, so that the decals and the rest can be examined properly. So best of luck Anton!

rgds
    Mads

I talked to the seller after the auction about what he wants etc for the helmet. He said between $3000-$3800....!!!!........ So NO DEAL. Such a shame, thought I could make a good deal with him. But obviously not.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast