Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

SS M40 Helmet

Article about: -- Again, another local find and purchase belonging to the same collector (now deceased) of whom I also purchased my SS M42 from. I'm also very pleased with the quality and condition of this

Default SS M40 Helmet

-- Again, another local find and purchase belonging to the same collector (now deceased) of whom I also purchased my SS M42 from. I'm also very pleased with the quality and condition of this SS helmet.

SS M40 HelmetSS M40 HelmetSS M40 HelmetSS M40 HelmetSS M40 HelmetSS M40 HelmetSS M40 HelmetSS M40 HelmetSS M40 Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS M40 Helmet
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Maker ?? Looks like a Q from the lot #

PLEASE: Always provide maker and lot numbers

Looks like a good Q decal but happy to hear from others.

Would also like to hear from others on the liner. Probably a dark brown but appears quite "red" on my monitor but don't see the typical brass pins used on Norwegian liners. I think its ok.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Only Q has a T prefix for the lot number , this one checks out nicely.
    The reddish liner I have seen before on Q's , it's pigskin I think.

Text book Q decal, I like it.

Great condition - the decal is excellent, just what you want.

Nice helmet in very nice condition. You are fortunate to get this one.

-- Well I'm relieved that this one checks out. It seems I'm one for two on the day with regard to these helmets. The other one >>>> SS M42 Helmet Belonging to K. Schott has a decal that once magnified is sadly almost comical. I realize now you really have to be so careful and go over these things with a jewelers loop or a magnifying glass, at the very least. The phony one could very well have sat in the deceased gentleman's collection for decades without him even being aware!

Thank you for all your input on these two helmets gents

Now this one is a fine helmet! Has everything that you would want to see in a Quist made helmet and decal. Runes finishing just below the break of the shield, non "uniform" points on the runes and a nice metallic pulver. Excellent, Leon.