Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS M40 Q two tone camo single decal

Article about: Doug- What a nice helmet. It is certainly something to be proud of. Believe it or not, back in the 1960's, the "Q" decal was considered by many to collectors to be a fake. Back in

Default Re: SS M40 Q two tone camo single decal

Doug-
    What a nice helmet. It is certainly something to be proud of. Believe it or not, back in the 1960's, the "Q" decal was considered by many to collectors to be a fake. Back in those days, I had one in unissued condition that I purchased from an American vet. The helmet was found in a German hospital in Paris. Undoubtedly, it belonged to a doctor who likely seldom, if ever, wore it.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS M40 Q two tone camo single decal
    P
    Many

?

As in the late of 80's and in beginning of 90's if someone will tell me about the fake decals- I'll be very wondered about that
    Take a look how the helmets was rotten in the forests after they was found in bunkers and bombcraters, usually that stuff was not as something valuable and usualy thrown away or hang up to the trees, the spring and autumn is a very good time to walk by forests in Eastern front 90's, when the trees is stripped out from a leafs and everywhere the trees has some kind of decorations...
    Take a look what they looks like in the end of 80's

And after they rotten there. Due of very quick process of oxidizing, they lost in nearest 10-15 years
    Take a look how the helmets is still preserved, if that will be something valuable in the past 1980's, tha will be for sure get out from there

And a couple from more than 30 pcs from other bunker, there was also both side SS runes decaled and wrong side SS runes and national flag applied.

Another one SS Polizei found in the late 90's-beginning 21 century in the Wolchow front

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS M40 Q two tone camo single decal  
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

A bunch of the helmets from a museum was found in the warderobe of the Russian theater, sent to it from a famous Russian museum/ Here is a just one example

And another helmet whith great history was found the last year in the swamp...
    SS Helmet
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Nice photo's Dimas. I like the one with the Mauser. It looks to be in pretty fine shape.At least the furniture.

That is a very nice piece that would be nice for the collection Indeed.!

hey doug you pulled it of again , nice helmet! hope to buy my own ss helmet soon too (been a while by the way)
    regards

?

ReichSS here is an example of a real M40 Q camo with the correct Q decal.

Sweet Doug

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3