Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ss m40 q66

Article about: Here's a combat SS M40 Q66, lot#DN239. Nothing fancy, but happens to be one of my favorites in my collection. Finished in its factory medium gray paint. Decal was period removed due to the r

?

Default Ss m40 q66

Here's a combat SS M40 Q66, lot#DN239. Nothing fancy, but happens to be one of my favorites in my collection. Finished in its factory medium gray paint. Decal was period removed due to the regulations at the time. As you can see in the pics this one has seen combat. Liner system is original and named to a 'Grebenstein'. This one reminds me of my first SS helmet I purchased a couple of years ago. I regret selling it, but you never know I might get reunited one day.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss m40 q66   Ss m40 q66  

Ss m40 q66   Ss m40 q66  

Ss m40 q66   Ss m40 q66  

Ss m40 q66   Ss m40 q66  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss m40 q66
    P
    Many

That's a nice no nonsense SS lid that certainly saw combat Samir.

?

Where's the SS decal? ;-)

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Where's the SS decal? ;-)
    It's in my back pocket, LOL!

?

Did they also removed decals from SD SS helmets per regulations?

?

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    Did they also removed decals from SD SS helmets per regulations?
    Hi Krisse,

Yes. This one was also a single decal.

Regards
    Samir

?

It actually didn't happen that often, it was the party decal that the regulation pertained to not the runic decal if I recall. Runic decals were no longer applied typically after Nov 1943 but there are limited examples with them applied in 1944 (EF).

?

You are correct. The order to remove the party shield was in 1940. If my memory serves me correct the second regulation came out in 43 for the runic decal, but I am not 100% certain of this.

?

Doug, after giving it some thought I don't think there was a second regulation to remove the runic decal. I think it was the soldiers choice or maybe recommended by the platoon leader if that makes any sense.

Regards
    Samir

?

Yes there was no order or source document to support the removal of the service branch decal of which I am aware. These SS decals that have been removed I have always thought were postwar done by whomever, being the nasty old SS and all, sort of like denazifying a helmet. It could have been done wartime as well, we will never know!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast