Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

SS M40 Q66 (Unique Lot#)

Article about: Here's an interesting SS M40 from my SS collection that I picked up from Dave Shirlin. Some of you might be familiar with this helmet as it came out Bryan's (Foamspoon) collection. Its an SS

Quote by SSamir View Post
    Oh lord, i'm really messing up. I have my Q's 'twisted'. Just shows it's not easy even for a guy like me who have been studying Q's very hard for the past two years. I must confess, it can be intimidating sometimes. Kelly, I appreciate your kind help. =)

Regards
    Samir
    No worries mate, it's how we learn... besides, it's better to do in person over a beer ;-)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS M40 Q66 (Unique Lot#)
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Kelly H View Post
    No worries mate, it's how we learn... besides, it's better to do in person over a beer ;-)
    Ahhhhh, now I see what's going on. I see the difference now. Much clearer on these examples. Doug's Q threw me off. The middle points confused me for a wide variation.

You got yourself a deal! Next time your in the city just hit meet up! Is cranberry juice OK?

?

Kelly, I used to think the reason for the sharper runes was the result of a new stamping dye.

Quote by SSamir View Post
    Kelly, I used to think the reason for the sharper runes was the result of a new stamping dye.
    Hi Samir, Cranberry juice will be fine :-)

I believe decals were printed in every case, rather than stamped, and there were several different technologies available in Germany in that time. Abzeihbilder or 'emblem printers' were everywhere and they were probably best noted for printing the appliques that went onto the old steins the Germans use-- But, as is probably the case with Q and other decal variations, these firms could be contracted on a very local and quick basis to fulfill shortages for helmet production. For me, the fat Q is a 'blip' in supply that must have occurred in late 1939 as Poland was invaded and other things were happening. The Narrow Quist continues as a pattern until the end of decal usage, but at least for a little while the wide ones 'coexisted'. They're rare...

?

Sorry, never meant to say 'stamping'. Got it confused with the lot number dyes.

?

Hello sir. I believe I have another C407 helmet. I purchased this on eBay. It's a Q66 with a C407 marking. Here is the link.

Q 66 German Helmet Stahlhelm M 35 40 69 | eBay

?

Hello. Just purchased a Q66 helmet with C407 mark. Couldn't tell whether the 7 was a "7" or a "Z"....but have found two other C407's in this thread.

Q 66 German Helmet Stahlhelm M 35 /40 (69)

?

Quote by hatkat View Post
    Hello sir. I believe I have another C407 helmet. I purchased this on eBay. It's a Q66 with a C407 marking. Here is the link.

Q 66 German Helmet Stahlhelm M 35 40 69 | eBay
    Hi Hatkat and welcome aboard!

If that's the case then it will be the third with that batch number known to me. Shame about the post war mods it received, but nevertheless an interesting piece.

Do me a favor and post pics of the batch number. Make sure you have your camera set in macro mode. Would love to check it out, thanks

Regards
    Samir

?

Oh my! Just checked out the ebay pics and sure enough it is C407! My compliments on an ex-SS helmet. : )

?

You made my day, week, month and year! It is a shame about the mods, but all in all, I'm extremely pleased with the purchase. Please keep in touch and let me know if you find more in the batch and I will do the same. It is an interesting provenance! I'm glad I discovered it before the seller did! Your's is an absolute beauty.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast