Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS M40 relic

Article about: Hi all! I have just see that helmet for sale at eBay, i know eBay is more dangerous than dance in a minefield, but usually i have a look in order to find something legit. When i saw this SS

Default SS M40 relic

Hi all! I have just see that helmet for sale at eBay, i know eBay is more dangerous than dance in a minefield, but usually i have a look in order to find something legit. When i saw this SS dug up relic, thinks it's a decent one, but once again look the decal closer and see a round bottom fake decal! (correct me if i'm wrong and it's a good one!!)

I want to share it with you because i'm accustomed to see SS fakes in good conditions helmets, but nowadays they are even faking the relics, and it not be because it is a round decal, I would have thought that it's a legit one...

There will be someday that the fakers will do a "perfect" job and cheat on us without us noticing?

SS M40 relic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS M40 relic
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS M40 relic

The problem with relics is its much easier to hide the giveaways and tell tale signs of fake decals so one must look for other signs like cleaning or application. Because they are "cheap" guys buy without as much caution and tend to believe more easily. I don't collect relics so I'm not the best judge of them, I tend to stay quiet. Personally I'd only want a relic I dug up myself. And that would be fun!

If it weren't for the round bottom it would be a convincing relic to me.
    I'm surprised they completely faded the runes away, I wouldn't expect a scammer to do that..

Thanks for posting

You're quite right,i don't think much of that relic!! Leon.

?

Bet he's a big dude with wrists that size.

Eric

Quote by Unterstand View Post
    Bet he's a big dude with wrists that size.

Eric
    I think he's wearing it .....that's his neck!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

how would a decay like this be applied with all that rust ??

To me (an amateur) the rust looks artificially induced and created. So possibly applied the decal and aged the helmet further artificially to make it look more convincing and believable.