Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

SS m40 for review

Article about: Seller claims this is an original SS helmet, thoughts? The price is suspiciously good but you never know... I believe it is a Q64.. I have no experience at all when it comes to SS helmets so

Default SS m40 for review

Seller claims this is an original SS helmet, thoughts? The price is suspiciously good but you never know...
    I believe it is a Q64.. I have no experience at all when it comes to SS helmets so all input will be very much appreciated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS m40 for review   SS m40 for review  

SS m40 for review   SS m40 for review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS m40 for review
    P
    Many

Hi, well I am not convinced with the chinstrap but apart from that I see no reason why it may not be a genuine SS M40. That said, there is so little of a "potential" SS decal left that I would not pay anymore than the general asking price of a nice no decal helmet. There is honestly no way of telling if that decal was original from what we can see left. Leon.

EpicTwirly
    ?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, well I am not convinced with the chinstrap but apart from that I see no reason why it may not be a genuine SS M40. That said, there is so little of a "potential" SS decal left that I would not pay anymore than the general asking price of a nice no decal helmet. There is honestly no way of telling if that decal was original from what we can see left. Leon.
    Would 400 be a good price?

Quote by EpicTwirly View Post
    Hello, 400 what? Pounds no way! Dollars? Possibly, but I would be thinking nearer £250 here in the UK as there really is no way of saying for certain if this was a genuine SS helmet from the remains of the decal. The maker and lot number may give a better indication but that's as good as it gets! Sorry!! Leon.

Hello, 400 what? Pounds no way! Dollars? Possibly, but I would be thinking nearer £250 here in the UK as there really is no way of saying for certain if this was a genuine SS helmet from the remains of the decal. The maker and lot number may give a better indication but that's as good as it gets! Sorry!! Leon.
    Hi Leon,
    It is said to be a Quist M40 with a lot number DN 355 which, on the "other" forum, someone has stated it would be correct to be an SD SS.
    Ralph.

- - ------- - -

Quote by EpicTwirly View Post
    Sorry, we do not do evaluations here.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Hi Leon,
    It is said to be a Quist M40 with a lot number DN 355 which, on the "other" forum, someone has stated it would be correct to be an SD SS.
    Ralph.

- - ------- - -

Sorry, we do not do evaluations here.
    Ralph.
    Thanks Ralph, well if it is a Q64 then it does have a chance of being an SS Q64 DN355 according to the old "ice" book. I still would not pay a premium for this example though! Leon.

I still would not pay a premium for this example though! Leon.
    I agree.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)