Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ss m42

Article about: G'day Guys i came across this very interesting lid i thought you might like to see. It"s a CKL64 #2871 the decal has been painted over, as described by the owner he's not quite sure why

Default Ss m42

Ss m42Ss m42Ss m42Ss m42Ss m42Ss m42Ss m42Ss m42Ss m42Ss m42Ss m42G'day Guys i came across this very interesting lid i thought you might like to see. It"s a CKL64 #2871 the decal has been painted over, as described by the owner he's not quite sure why, the decal may have gotten damaged and the proud wearer touched it up himself or it was to lessen the glare of the silver pulver of the original.The photos were taken using a USB microscope and you can see the edge of the decal underneath and the paint matches the paint used on the signature, a very interesting piece i thought, hope you find it interesting, and the helmet is for sale.

Phill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss m42
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ss m42

That is interesting, it looks like the chinstrap was shortened as well. Just wondering, how much is he asking for it?

As far as I've ever been able to ascertain, there were no Poles in the SS. This is a much debated topic amongst collectors.... William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    As far as I've ever been able to ascertain, there were no Poles in the SS. This is a much debated topic amongst collectors.... William
    Is the signature inside the helmet Polish?

Stanislawski is a very old and well known Polish surname,cgp William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

He thinks the chinstap has worn through from being tucked under the rim, asking price is around the $5000 U.S mark.

I have no proof but my gut tells me to pass something smells bad here IMO.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

+1

Chris

Crikey Eric, I couldn't afford $50 at the moment,just thought it was worthy of posting and getting some thoughts on it.

Phill

The decal is an original ET/ckl SS decal which has been either touched up or painted partially over by a bored soldier.
    You need the original pictures to get a good feeling , discussing a helmet based on thumbnails is just a waste of time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast