Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

SS M42 Battledamaged SD

Article about: Hi all! As always, extra warning with SS helmets is a must, so i ask for your help with this one, what do you think about this decal? good or not? Annoyed from this ads?   Thank you ver

Default SS M42 Battledamaged SD

Hi all! As always, extra warning with SS helmets is a must, so i ask for your help with this one, what do you think about this decal? good or not?

Thank you very much!

SS M42 Battledamaged SDSS M42 Battledamaged SDSS M42 Battledamaged SDSS M42 Battledamaged SDSS M42 Battledamaged SDSS M42 Battledamaged SD

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS M42 Battledamaged SD
    P
    Many

I like the overall patina, the decal looks well set into the finish.
    I DONT like the sanding to find the maker amd lot number.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hi, well it's not an EF or Q decal in my opinion. The runes appear to finish way above/level to the breaks which rule out Q and an EF should have soft breaks which this does not. As this appears to be an EF M42 I would be very surprised to find a Pocher decal on it, and for me that is the nearest match, so all things considered I would say a fake decal. Leon.

That being the case Leon, the helmet must have been buried as the corrosion doesn't seem forced to me?

?

That's a rear stamped EF meaning EF decal and an outside chance at an ET decal.
    Doesn't matter as this decal is a fake, applied overtop the corrosion and scrubbed/aged. Construction not period, graphics not even close to either decal. Case closed for me.

Thank you very much to all for your coments, i think now it's as Doug have said, case closed, fake decal, not an interesting helmet.

Thank Buddha you aren't relying on my say so!!

Im going back to stamp collecting .....

Quote by Danmark View Post
    That being the case Leon, the helmet must have been buried as the corrosion doesn't seem forced to me?
    Hi Dan, buried or not, it stinks! The decal is just not up to the job. Leon.

?

I have to agree with Doug. As soon as I laid my eyes on it I knew something was a miss.