Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

SS M42 Helmet - 326 clk

Article about: I want to know Your opinion about this helmet, everything looks nice for me, but Im not sure about runic decal, I still learning and want to collect only good original helmets

Default SS M42 Helmet - 326 clk

I want to know Your opinion about this helmet, everything looks nice for me, but Im not sure about runic decal, I still learning and want to collect only good original helmets

SS M42 Helmet - 326 clkSS M42 Helmet - 326 clkSS M42 Helmet - 326 clkSS M42 Helmet - 326 clkSS M42 Helmet - 326 clk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS M42 Helmet - 326 clk
    P
    Many

?

Decal looks fake to me, but im a amateur so i could be completely wrong!

MAP
    ?

The lot code should be 4 digits, not 3 for a late war Ckl M42. As you can see from the photo, the stamping becomes less visible as you read it left to right. This is very common. You can see a slight misaligned stamp after the 6. To me it could be a 6 or a 0. So this would put the lot # at 3260 or 3266.

SS M42 Helmet - 326 clk

I will repost what I said in your other thread here for others to see.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do you have a maker and lot #?

ET style SS decal so the helmet should be an ET/Ckl.

Maybe it is due to the angle of the photo that is throwing off the lines but from what I can see, the runes are not angled correctly.

It also might be a "Champagne" fake. According to GHW's lot number research, there are a few ET/Ckl SS helmets in the 3200 and above range (I can only read the first two numbers of this helmets lot #32??). All are Champagne fakes.

I will leave it to others for a more experienced comment as I too am still learning. Happy to be proven wrong.

SS M42 Helmet - 326 clk
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)