Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

ss m42 helmet

Article about: No offense, gents, but "The Thomas Crown Affair" movie just came on, and I gotz to go! See you gents later! =) Regards Samir

Default Re: ss m42 helmet

Hi there, just thought I would chip in to say that I agree with all that has been said about this decal. The runes are not even identical to each other, the right side one is much "skinnier" than the left. A good fake decal,but fake is still fake, sorry, Leon.
    Attached Images Attached Images ss m42 helmet 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss m42 helmet
    P
    Many

iT STILL SCARES ME - print faults aside, the 'aging' has been done very sympathetically to the overall finish and one that would easily catch the uninformed collector ......brrrr.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

this is decal is a another one that has poped up were the runes are two different sizes. there must be a large batch of these decals out there.

?

it's sad..

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Agree with Samir. I see at least 2 red flags on the decal itself, I wouldn't chase this one.
    Can you please tell us what the red flags you're seeing are? Thank you.

?

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    Ohw, sorry. Didn't read all the above stated. Sorry.

good eye on the size differences

?

Yes, after better , close images were provided, it is pretty clear the runes are different sizes, also the tops of the runes are different...the left slopes in and the right one is rounded at the top. Is this considered the ' crushed glass' one?. It's pretty scary what these guys can do. The aging is very carefully contrived as well. Sorry, for the bad news.

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    No prob. The outer black border of the shield is very wide, and I can see no border in the print at the edges of the runes. Then the guys' further observations on top of that.

?

I would say that the entire helmet checks out.

The lot number fits in with other SS helmets and the decal is a close match with the Pocher decal found in Ken N.'s book on the top of page 354. It has the brown-gray spots and the left rune is about 1/32" wider than the right. The border on this decal is a bit wider, maybe just a print run variation?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast