Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SS M42 Helmet

Article about: Dear Friends, any opinion of the helmet?, original or fake?, decal original?, all original?. Sorry i have only these potos. Thanks in advance

?

Belgrano please ask the seller for IN FOCUS photos of the entire helmet, including the decal, the lot number and maker marks stamped on the inside of the skirt, the liner, the non decal side, the personalization, the helmet cover including all 3 clips and the reverse side of the cover including again the clips and the springs as well as the printed 6 on the front and some closeups of the stitching of the front rim protector and the sewing around the clips both on the fall and spring side. Until you provide those it is a guessing game I am afraid.

Visually it looks like an EF decal. ET M42 SS helmets are pretty much non-existant. They were all ckl M42s with ET decals. TO have both an ET M42 with an EF decal would be very strange indeed and nothing I have seen to date. Impossible, no. But would have to pass all of the acid tests without any red flags whatsoever IMO. I am thinking it is an EF M42 shell and the letters are misread, as EF stamps are terrible. The lot number looks suspiciously like an ET stamping however but as is so blurry it cannot be told 100%.

As for the cover, there are those better at it than I but I see no immediate red flags, again photos are inconclusive. I would want to hear from my Kammo friend in Kali on the cover.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS M42 Helmet
    P
    Many

Yes, I'm going to do

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    ET? Hmmm. I would bet that is a misread of EF. Any chance of a picture of the stamps? EF had a unique font.
    Yes, I'm going to do

?

Quote by belgrano View Post
    The seller sent me this information, ET62, 3583
    BTW I have a lot number match in my SS helmet database for an EF66, lot number 3583. So I am leaning hard that this is in fact an EF M42 and not an ET M42.

?

Doug, I agree with u and Andy. An EF for me as well.

Quote by DougB View Post
    BTW I have a lot number match in my SS helmet database for an EF66, lot number 3583. So I am leaning hard that this is in fact an EF M42 and not an ET M42.
    Hi Doug , I just had a look in my lot number book and it is the same EF66 3583 single decal SS. There are also SS helmets to either side of this number(as i'm sure you already know!) Leon.

Quote by SSamir View Post
    Leon, im actually more interested in the camo cover than the helmet. I have very little knowledge of them and curious to know if it is genuine as well, because thats where the big bucks are. =)
    Hi SSamir , I know nothing about the covers other than the fact that genuine ones are silly money and the fakes can be almost perfect , hence I will be staying well away from that area! Leon.

The covers are nice enough but I must admit if I happened upon one I'd sell it and buy a couple of SS lids instead

which is for you a fair price for this helmet?

Quote by belgrano View Post
    which is for you a fair price for this helmet?
    Hi , we need to determine that it is a good EF first !! The signs are promising though. Leon.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast