Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SS M42 Helmet

Article about: Dear Friends, any opinion of the helmet?, original or fake?, decal original?, all original?. Sorry i have only these potos. Thanks in advance

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    ...you may end up spending way over the top for a decent SS helmet and repro cover!! Leon.
    It wouldn't be the first time a scam like that had been run. One or two real articles as part of a phoney grouping and the rest are bogus items.

- - Updated - -

Quote by SSamir View Post
    You can do better for $6400. In the area of $5000 is more like it.
    Just the helmet? Or with the cover (if it were real?)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS M42 Helmet
    P
    Many

?

Just the helmet.

$5000 seems a bit strong to me SSamir considering the liner is in such poor condition , but then again I suppose it's down to "wants or needs" I guess. If I had the cash I would be happier paying around the $4000 mark tops.(maybe i'm just a skin flint!) Leon.

If the cover is original, a good price is $15.000?

?

Quote by SSamir View Post
    Just the helmet.
    I think 5 is over the top considering what is available out there, but price is subjective as we all know.

- - Updated - -

Quote by belgrano View Post
    If the cover is original, a good price is $15.000?
    For the cover only? No that would not be a good price IMO but SS camo is not my main field of collecting. Again, get MUCH better photographs and seek out Kammoman.

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    $5000 seems a bit strong to me SSamir considering the liner is in such poor condition , but then again I suppose it's down to "wants or needs" I guess. If I had the cash I would be happier paying around the $4000 mark tops.(maybe i'm just a skin flint!) Leon.
    Hi Leon,

On a good day, yes, I honestly feel you can get $5000 (if you wait it out of course).

This helmet is not exactly in top shape, I will agree, but it has a couple of things going on for it:

1) Lots of decal left, and 2) its named.

You may not be able to ID the soldier with just a last name alone, but it's still a named SS.

For some collectors, this may not be enough to justify the extra couple of hundred bucks, but for some, its better than no name at all.

So, I would say $4000 on a bad day, $5000 on a good day, but of course, this is based on the experience I had in the past year, buying n selling SS helmets (at least 18 if I counted correct).

Samir

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    I think 5 is over the top considering what is available out there, but price is subjective as we all know.
    I see a couple of you gents don't like my prices, LOL!

But since u guys are cool with me, I will hook u guys up, but u gotta bring cash. =)

?

Your overpaying Samir LOL.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Your overpaying Samir LOL.
    You mean overcharging. ; )

?

After taking a second look, Leon and Doug may just be right about the pricing. The helmet is a little tired, and may not bring $5k like I originally thought. I would agree with these gents around $4k on a good day. belgrano, let us know if you buy it, good luck.

Samir

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast