Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Ss m42 se 66

Article about: Ok, I know bad Iphone shots, but i thought Id just put them out there... M42 SS SE66 The batch number and maker number are both stamnped on the rear of the skirt, textured finish......decal

?

Default Re: Ss m42 se 66

That's why I'm here mate.....like I said I'm looking really critically at this, and the paint was my first hint.....

It was an offer made, and what I have learnt from you guys, made me really look long and hard and tear this apart in my mind......like I said red flags I saw in order....near perfect decal, paint wrong,liner didn't match condition of rest of helmet and price!!!!!

I learnt heaps on his one.....a rewarding experience

It was my first real "test" of what I learned, I reckon I got B-
    Thanks all

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss m42 se 66
    P
    Many

?

Crushed glass fake Pocher from the looks of it, paint is way off as Jim has said. Pochers on M42s in this config are rare beyond belief and must pass a high degree of scrutiny. SE marked M42 SS are also high on the "no SS" list as well. Good thing you passed. BTW your dealer knows its bad. A real one, in this condition, is a $7500 helmet and no discount would ever be offered. He knew what he had. You should move away from this dealer permanently.

?

I certainly won't be buying helmets from him!!!

Think I will steer clear of him for a bit, I have been lucky so far worth the small items I have bought from him...

?

Now the dilemma.....he claims to have another person interested in it, and who is willing to pay 3500 for it, he just hasn't heard back yet....do I come across as a smart arse tell him my concerns or let the other bloke decide for himself????

I agree with everyone else here about this one, so I won't add anything.

About the other offer, oldest sales trick in the book. He knows it's a dud and you showed enough interest in it yesterday for him to keep trying to push it on you. If there is another person let them decide on the lid but I think you will find in a months time it will still be there

Jason

?

U
    Quote by AMTG View Post
    Now the dilemma.....he claims to have another person interested in it, and who is willing to pay 3500 for it, he just hasn't heard back yet....do I come across as a smart arse tell him my concerns or let the other bloke decide for himself????
    AMTG, you sound like a nice guy. There is no other bloke. This dealer is preying on your love of history and the artifacts they represent, and please don't take this the wrong way because we've all been there, your naïveté. He is to put it mildly, full of shitt. You should drop him like a hot potatoe, there's a million guys selling militaria and networking you can find good honest collectors to deal with. This clown is dangerous and quite honestly, a liar and thief from what you've said.

Tell him nothing, don't reply or respond to his contacts. Snakes should be bypassed.

Quote by AMTG View Post
    That's why I'm here mate.....like I said I'm looking really critically at this, and the paint was my first hint.....It was an offer made, and what I have learnt from you guys, made me really look long and hard and tear this apart in my mind......like I said red flags I saw in order....near perfect decal,
    paint wrong,liner didn't match condition of rest of helmet and price!!!!!I learnt heaps
    on his one.....a rewarding experience

It was my first real "test" of what I learned, I reckon I got B-
    Thanks all
    You got an 'A+' on this test mate.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

I agree I'm still naive....that's why I looked for every single fault I could find.......thanks for all your feedback...

I mean who gets offered, what looks like a near perfect helmet for 2500????

I didn't make any promises, , I just said I'd think about it!!!

Quote by AMTG View Post
    I agree I'm still naive....that's why I looked for every single fault I could find.......thanks for all your feedback...

I mean who gets offered, what looks like a near perfect helmet for 2500????

I didn't make any promises, , I just said I'd think about it!!!
    Exactly.
    You didn't get a B- you got a good win bro.

?

I'm forever sceptical over anything SS!!!!

Thanks again

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast