Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

SS Original vs Fake?

Article about: Hi, I am offered this ss helmet for a "to good to be true price". The seller tells that the earlier owner said that it was original. What do you guys think about the helmet?

?

Default Re: SS Original vs Fake?

Aha så du er også fra Danmark. Havde jeg ikke lagt mærke til This one i will not comment on. Maybe a microscope enhanced pic of the decal will be needed. It's heavily damaged. I will say however that the decal looks in good condition being a relic. They have a tendency to bubble or swallow up like the one shown below. I post these pics because the helmets are in a much same condition. My helmets actually have more intact paint on the inside also. Found on the bottom of a trench here i Russia. Pskov to be exact.

SS Original vs Fake? SS Original vs Fake?SS Original vs Fake? SS Original vs Fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Original vs Fake?
    P
    Many

Quote by ackb View Post
    No one of the earlier posted SS helmets was any good... How about this battle damaged m42. Does it have a chance?
    Not a Pocher decal in my opinion so not a good one.

?

Nice lid, Datrus.

?

Datrus:
    Aha så du er også fra Danmark
    Nå det troede jeg da du havde fundet ud af. -Troede du at jeg var nordmand eller hvordan? Vi skrev da lidt på dansk i sidste uge :-)

Did you find your relic yourself?

You are right about the paint. Compared to yours which have much better paint the decal might be too “good”. But I have seen other relics in almost the same condition as this one that seemed to be original. For example this one
    Normandy SS Relic helmet info please

Any others who have who have an opinion about the decal?

?

Gjorde vi s.. da også. Det er ikke nemt når man har mange mails og PM at gå igennem. Sorry

No, relic decals does not have to bubble. If you go through the pics you will see one we found in Bryansk with a ok decal. For a relic helmet.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/battl...russia-164904/

?

Waauw, that is for sure some nice stuff you guys are digging up over there!! :- )

Gjorde vi s.. da også. Det er ikke nemt når man har mange mails og PM at gå igennem. Sorry
    No worries Is there a lot of danish guys on the forum? So far I have only noticed one besides you.

?

Quote by ackb View Post
    No one of the earlier posted SS helmets was any good... How about this battle damaged m42. Does it have a chance?
    I'm afraid not. =(

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4