Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SS-Polizei Helmet?

Article about: Certainly rules were meant to be broken, I own several variant SS helmets and validate SS helmets from all over the world and Kelly and I collaborate on many SS helmet projects and helmet va

?

Default Re: SS-Polizei Helmet?

I can guarantee this is not an SS decal of any kind. Case closed. :-)

Sorry to hear about the crack!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-Polizei Helmet?
    P
    Many

Quote by DougB View Post
    I can guarantee this is not an SS decal of any kind. Case closed. :-)

Sorry to hear about the crack!
    Must say i'm glad this dog and pony show is over it's like a train wreck didn't want to look but couldn't stop either.
    I also am sorry about your crack.

Eric
    Last edited by Eric Zentner; 09-15-2011 at 06:59 AM.
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    In my case as early as 1940 with my own Q-66 M-40 Luftwaffe Helmet that has a miss applied Adler and it was allowed to pass inspection and to be issued to a soldier .Or another recent example that was posted just a couple of weeks ago was a M35 beaded helmet that had three Heer decals applied to it .(M35 Beaded Helmet Triple Decal Volksstrum Used ) This was very unushual but there was never a debate as to its authenticity . It does seem thoe that we mention the letters SS and it does turn a lot of heads and not just with helmets this would seem to be so with all SS issued TR items do we hold them at a higher standered are they to be scrutinized more so than all other TR, Is this because of the abundance of forgeries in the market place, Are the quality of SS items that much higher than all the other services, Or are there items that much rarer that we need to scrutinize them all the more these are question that I have been asking myself for a while now and it does seem like an appropriate place to bring it up considering the recent debate over this helmet.

Regards Mark K
    Hello Mark , the quality of SS helmets is not higher than of any other combat helmet. For the simple reason that they were made in the same factory , painted the same color and got decals applied by the same people that applied the Luftwaffe , Heer , KM etc ... decals.

SS decals have a simpler design which necessitates a more indepth discussion , basically it comes down to. What maker is the helmet , does the decal correspond with that maker ? If not is it a Pocher decal ?

I don't see anything that would make the helmet in question an SS , I think that was very wishful thinking on the restorer's part and the owner's part

?

Thank you it was not that I had questioning the word of anybody as there were a good many people that looked at this helmet that have a lot of experiance with SS helmets such as Doug B and I fully accepted there explanation as to why this was not an SS helmet. It was more of an observation as I did state that that it seems that SS helmets and related SS items do seem to be put under the microscope as it were and examined more intently than other TR items and I was wondering why this was .

Regards Mark K

Hi Mark, what do you mean by TR?

Phill

TR = Third Reich.

Hi Guys, I really don't like these nasty non period abbreviations. Let us all try and not be lazy and write things out in full. They create confusion and we should all strive to use period terminology.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade, I'm still feeling my way around here

Phill

?

Sorry my fault Adrian I should have been more specific and will use proper terminology from now on.

Regards Mark k

Quote by ez1969 View Post
    Must say i'm glad this dog and pony show is over it's like a train wreck didn't want to look but couldn't stop either.
    I also am sorry about your crack.

Eric
    I am also glad it's over. I know I was being illogical, but you can't blame me for hoping for the best case scenario...

I'm not too upset about the crack... as the helmet was wrecked to begin with. If anything, it just adds to the "battle damaged" look and I'm sure my students will get a kick out of it.

Can we say without a doubt that the ONLY AUTHENTIC aspects of my helmet are the luftschutz blue underpaint, the repaired combat liner, and the civilian chin strap? Even the green paint is bogus? Finally, the question that I always hate asking... what is this helmet worth?

To everyone - thank you for "putting up with my lack of experience and this "train wreck." Thank you for offering such great guidance. I really did enjoy this thread and I appreciate all of your participation!

Last edited by GIZMO8Z; 09-15-2011 at 01:40 PM.

?

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    ... It was more of an observation as I did state that that it seems that SS helmets and related SS items do seem to be put under the microscope as it were and examined more intently than other TR items and I was wondering why this was .

Regards Mark K
    Hi Mark, all TR (Third Reich) items must be carefully scrutinized but SS are in such high demand and therefore so heavily faked, with a simple runic design, that extra caution and detailed study is needed.

Doug

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast