Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Relic.

Article about: Here a nice Original SS M40 relic from Rusian. With the first patern runic shield, absorbed by steel . The helmet is cleaned now, but i have no foto's, i make this tomorow. It is difficult t

Default Re: SS Relic.

The people I know and which I know are good diggers, who normally deal with relics, will not deceive me because I know them well, and they never sell fakes.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Relic.
    P
    Many

Thanks for the extra pics Pieter W , but as you can see clearly on your new pics , the rust is pushing from under the decal out wards, i think in pic 4 it can been seen best of all. If these spots of rust were to be touched of tampered with they would break open and the rust and piece of the decal would fall away leaveing the rust pitting i am seeing in the other helmet , but with the decal sitting in the pitting .
    As to the idea of the decals being obsorbed into the steel i find this a bit hard to see .I think it would be inclined to be a case of the decal being obsorbed into the paint on the shell rather than the other .
    I would be pleased if there was more comments regarding the decal , my concerns of how the decal appears to be sitting in rust pitting , and the theory on decals being obsorbed in to steel , so come on guys this is what a forums all about , cheers Raymond

Hello,

These are fantastic finds !

rgds, Ty

WOW,One more great relic here.There are more and more treasures to enjoy in this forum.Thanks for sharing!

Pieter w , thank you for being paitent and understanding regarding my questions and interest in your helmet and more so the decal and its relation to the rust pitting cheers my friend .
    Im a bit disapointed more discustion was not entered into regarding my interest in the above mentioned .I feel it was a very important issue in relation to the effects rust has on decals and could have been benifical to members when looking to purchase relic lids , oh well not to be , cheers Raymond

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2