Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Relic

Article about: Thanks for the comments guys! I would never even think about messing with this helmet. I'm just happy I have a relic one in my collection now!

Default SS Relic

Hey guys,

I took the gamble and purchased this SS relic from the classifieds here. I'm no expert, but I discussed it with some fellow members and we don't think it was faked. Granted its not an amazing specimen, I think it is pretty neat and it was acquired at a very fair price. I have purchased stuff from the seller before and have always been pleased. He shipped this airmail from the UK and I got it here in the US 4 days later! I'll try to take better pics when I have more time. Here are a few quick ones.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Relic   SS Relic  

SS Relic   SS Relic  

SS Relic   SS Relic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Relic
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Relic

looks good, you should treat it with oxalic acid it might bring the decal out more

I wouldn't bother messing with it at all. I think oxalic acid would ruin it to be honest. There isn't much there to begin with and I haven't been pleased with the results from acid in the past.

It looks like its already been treated enough, i'd leave it alone. Maybe a coat of renaissance wax if you can get it on without building up too much white in the recesses.

I guess it depends on it's condition, I just got mine out of the acid and it did wonders

Congrats GP I know you have wanted a relic SS lid for some time now.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Nice lid. Just leave it as is. If anything coat the helmet with some wax. Don't mess with it

Regards, Lars

Nice as it is - remember, the moment you attempt to clean the decal to reveal more it will "look" like it has been worked on and then the nay-sayers will all cry 'fake' ......... best to enjoy the patina knowing that as it stands it justifies it's credibility.
    Dan

Congrats on your new acquisition. I'm with the "leave it alone" crowd. Best left as is. There far more chance of causing damage than improving it in any way.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

"Dont't fix it if it aint broken"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast