Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS relic

Article about: Hello, I found this in a antique mall but at first didnt recognize it. Is this authentic or a relic shell with a repro decal? Thanks John

Thumbs up SS relic

Hello, I found this in a antique mall but at first didnt recognize it. Is this authentic or a relic shell with a repro decal?
    Thanks
    John

SS relicSS relicSS relicSS relicSS relicSS relic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS relic
    P
    Many

How much do they want for it?
    cheers,Glenn

he went down to $125.00

Authentic M42 Shell, I can't comment on the decal but I'm sure others will shortly... If the decal proves fake, then $125 is a bit high for a relic...If the decal is real, then $125 is an acceptable price...It will certainly display well...Let's see what the others have to say...
    Cheers, Glenn

?

I wouldn't give him 50.

?

Quote by WWIIBUFF View Post
    he went down to $125.00
    Don't worry, he's gonna keep going down, maybe down to a "40oz olde gold" and a pack Newports.

Hi, Nice old relic!! Like Glenn, I can not comment on the decal but I would have a crack at it just for the conversation and display value. Regarding SSamir, I do not follow your logic in the statement "I wouldn't give him 50.". Why? I, and probably WWII Buff, would have a far better idea of where you are comming from if you qualified the statement with some sort of reasoned logic? "I wouldn't give him 50" because, the helmet is.........................................The decal is............................... Or whatever?? This is not a critacism, only a suggestion.
    Cheers Michael R

?

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi, Nice old relic!! Like Glenn, I can not comment on the decal but I would have a crack at it just for the conversation and display value. Regarding SSamir, I do not follow your logic in the statement "I wouldn't give him 50.". Why? I, and probably WWII Buff, would have a far better idea of where you are comming from if you qualified the statement with some sort of reasoned logic? "I wouldn't give him 50" because, the helmet is.........................................The decal is............................... Or whatever?? This is not a critacism, only a suggestion.
    Cheers Michael R
    The decal is 100% fake. We have a relic here that's been molested with a fake decal. Relic SS helmets are a mine field n this one is one of them. Relics are low dollor helmets in their original n true state, and this one was molested with a fake decal. For me, that takes away more value, and yes, I wouldn't give him a penny for it, let alone 50. The seller most likely knows the decal is bad n trying to burn our friend here. I'm a guy who likes to tell it as it is. Too many people are getting burnt and i'm not having none of it.

?

Another reason why I may sound nasty at times is to discourage the unsuspected. Like I said earlier, I don't like sellers who intentionally try n burn people. You may have thought my comment was nasty, well, you haven't seen anything, yet. I have a thing with crooks. I have zero tolerance n I won't have any of it.

?

What some people don't realize, lots of relic collectors look for SS helmets, because they are on a strict budget, and a relic is the closest thing they can get to a geneuine SS helmet. The crooks know this. They don't care about the collectors financial status, infact, if they could, they would wipe out their entire bank account even if they knew the collector was on a strict budget and had a family to feed;they would suck them dry, that's how cold the crooks are....... and I hate that. I just don't dislike crooks, I hate them with a passion. I do whatever it takes to protect a fellow collector.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast