Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS relic helmet opinions wanted

Article about: I am looking at purchasing this M35 which looks good to me but would value other opinions. Thanks Steve

Quote by Paul D View Post
    With the further photos this looks a good one , certainly no prep work has been done around the decal which does look to be a good Q , as for the paint and the condition it has the appearance of many i have seen come out of the ground in Northern russia and Eastern Estonia, in fact i have afew similar ones sitting near to me now !!

Is the seller a well known digger !
    Paul
    No the guy is not a well know digger but he did say it was dug in northern Russia. I have dealt with him before but not with relics. I don't normally buy relics, but this had a nice look to it that seems good, so I thought I would give it consideration and do some research as I don't want something faked.
    Steve

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS relic helmet opinions wanted
    P
    Many

Ok I defer to the majority opinion.

Just watch those bubbles - one of mine lost a lot of finish as they continued to flake off.
    You can keep it atmosphere free in a plastic bag - but what fun is that?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Would be nice to see photos in natural daylight if you do decide to get this one --- good luck!

?

Going by the pics, especially the ones modified by Leon, I can safely say it's a good Q SS.

Regards
    Samir

Here are pictures sent of the manufacturer and batch stampings. Q64 I think but I cant read the batch number.
    Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS relic helmet opinions wanted   SS relic helmet opinions wanted  

Looks like a good one then!

?

I think your golden

Finally had a chance to get a picture in natural light. Paint and decal are very stable so I am quite pleased with the helmet.
    Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS relic helmet opinions wanted  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3