Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Relic helmet preservation

Article about: Hi there, I've been offered this helmet by the same chap who sold me my current helmet; it has a lot of the paint flaking off, but the decal's survived very well, I assume as a result of its

?

Default SS Relic helmet preservation

Hi there,
    I've been offered this helmet by the same chap who sold me my current helmet; it has a lot of the paint flaking off, but the decal's survived very well, I assume as a result of its metallic nature/being pressed on to the shell. However, it will be very delicate; he says that the helmet could be coated with a matt clear substance to preserve it. What're the thoughts as to the helmet/situation? I wouldn't know how to go about doing this...
    SS Relic helmet preservation
    Robbie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Relic helmet preservation
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS Relic helmet preservation

Any opinion as to the helmet itself would also be appreciated!

?

Try n get macro shots of the decal.

Samir

It should be a Quist decal from the slope of the skirt. I think it has a chance, close ups should confirm.

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    It should be a Quist decal from the slope of the skirt. I think it has a chance, close ups should confirm.
    I respectfully disagree. The shell has traits of an ET and those runes (if real) are second pattern type.

It’s been offered to me as a trade item, I am cutting back on my relic items hence do not want to keep hold of it, it’s from a good source I am told, I will get better pictures for discussion!

Quote by SSamir View Post
    I respectfully disagree. The shell has traits of an ET and those runes (if real) are second pattern type.
    My mistake, I think you are right. I pulled down my Q and compared the shell. The ET forehead slopes back a lot more than the Quist.

?

It appears to be an ET style decal, but I can't confirm it's authenticity. Don't get me wrong, it looks promising, but for me, I would have to have this in hand and just maybe I can come to conclusion. For the time being let see what Doug or Jim have to say since they have far more experience than I do. Cheers and thanks for sharing!

Samir

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    My mistake, I think you are right. I pulled down my Q and compared the shell. The ET forehead slopes back a lot more than the Quist.
    No worries, I used to make the same mistakes and I still do. It's part of the learning process.

Samir

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast