Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

SS relic helmet questions

Article about: I'd really like to round out my SS collection with a helmet. In today's market, I can really only afford one in so-called "relic" condition. What I'm reading is that even those in

Default SS relic helmet questions

I'd really like to round out my SS collection with a helmet. In today's market, I can really only afford one in so-called "relic" condition. What I'm reading is that even those in this state are often doctored up with fake decals. I have seen some online in the $300-$600 range depending on how far gone they are. Is this fairly accurate for these? I'd also appreciate some recommendations where I could source an honest one. Thanks guys!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS relic helmet questions
    P
    Many

Hi, believe it or not but that price range of $300-$600 may even be to low for one depending on condition! Have a look in the classifieds here, there are one or two relic SS helmets available. Leon.

Even relic SS lids command high prices these days. My own example was towards the higher end of your scale (from memory) and since that time i can't say i've seen anything cheaper that is (a) of similar relic condition and (b) unquestionably authentic. Furthermore, I can say that I have seen a good number of examples that are more or less completely rusted out with only ghosts of decals that are on the market for much higher than $600.

It takes often a good amount of forum research and when a trustworthy digger or member posts a nice example, you better be quick on the PM trigger if you want to snag it. Even if a helmet is posted for comment, it doesn't hurt to contact the poster to enquire if a deal can be made. You never know your luck!

Hi seventyeighth, i'm with you, i would like to purchase an original SS helmet, but prices are to high for me, my only SS helmet is this relic found in the suburbs of Berlin, the decal is very hard to see, but it is there.

My sugestion is that you can find a relic one original for a reasonable price, but be as careful with it as if it was a good conditions helmet, and found a confidence seller, because nowadays are faking even the relics what is a shame...

I hope you can find what you are looking for!

SS relic helmet questionsSS relic helmet questionsSS relic helmet questions

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Even relic SS lids command high prices these days. My own example was towards the higher end of your scale (from memory) and since that time i can't say i've seen anything cheaper that is (a) of similar relic condition and (b) unquestionably authentic. Furthermore, I can say that I have seen a good number of examples that are more or less completely rusted out with only ghosts of decals that are on the market for much higher than $600.

It takes often a good amount of forum research and when a trustworthy digger or member posts a nice example, you better be quick on the PM trigger if you want to snag it. Even if a helmet is posted for comment, it doesn't hurt to contact the poster to enquire if a deal can be made. You never know your luck!

That is one lovely relic you've got there!!! And a nice lady in the frame too!

Quote by LizardKing View Post
    That is one lovely relic you've got there!!! And a nice lady in the frame too!
    That's actually Glenn when he was in an 80's Rock Band......
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I was rocking a perm back in the 80's Ned that would have put Bon Jovi to shame!

300$ WITH SS HELMET???or only a small piece of her?by a price you can buy just the smell ss...

- - ------- - -

either exclusively by a case still remained somewhere idiots who do not know the price

- - ------- - -

either exclusively by a case still remained somewhere idiots who do not know the price

?

Just be careful buying any relic SS. For every real one there are 10 fakes.