Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS relic lid in Classifieds

Article about: by ostlanddigger I agree with you SSamir about knowledge of DougB.He,s like running SShelmets BIBLE. About helmet -you can,t add fake dekal to such condition helmet .I mean you can-but it wi

?

Default Re: SS relic lid in Classifieds

When I first saw this decal I knew right away it was a bad one. Everything is incorrect, runes, borderline, shape of shield, etc, etc.

Lars, this fake decal looks very familiar. I'm almost certain I have a pic of the same variant saved in my PC. Try and get straight on shots of the decal so I can try and positively ID it. I have a feeling I know which type of fake this is, but I need a good straight on shot to confirm this.

Samir

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS relic lid in Classifieds
    P
    Many

?

I notice the seller waffen44 has not ventured any opinion or information in this debate , i will contact him via pm for his view and also that on the latest SS Relic he has put up for sale !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Thanks for all your time guys and thank you Paul for following this to the end.

Cheers

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    I notice the seller waffen44 has not ventured any opinion or information in this debate , i will contact him via pm for his view and also that on the latest SS Relic he has put up for sale !!
    Hi Paul,

If u had not mentioned he posted another I would have never known and yes this one is also bad! Not just bad, but one of the worst fakes I have ever seen! The runes are too slanted! Adrian is really gonna be pissed now.

?

I'm not sure Samir, the condition is so bad distortion might be taking an effect. I'm not saying your wrong and personally this is way too far gone for me as well. These partial SS decaled relics, for me are completely buyer beware.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    I'm not sure Samir, the condition is so bad distortion might be taking an effect. I'm not saying your wrong and personally this is way too far gone for me as well. These partial SS decaled relics, for me are completely buyer beware.
    Hi Doug,

I could be wrong. If I am wrong and the decal is in fact real then the only logical explanation it's a Pocher, maybe a "Q" type.

Samir

?

Relics are not for me, but I noticed in the past few months a lot of them have been popping up for some strange reason and I just find that a bit strange. Trying to sort out their authenticity, but it has proven to be a challenge with some. I personally think there is something fishy going on with these SS relics. I see more SS relics than heer's and Luftwaffe relics combined, and that doesn't sound right.

Samir

Well if that's a fake it is very well done. No signs of tampering that I can see...surely the surface would require some cleaning prior to application of the fake decal and the ageing process? The rust doesn't look fresh so to my mind that rules out aging with acid then a few weeks in a bucket of water.

Maybe the fakers have perfected a technique?

I've seen stuff ( metal ) dug up that has been in the ground ( acidity dependent ) for only 10 years and you would never know if it had been there for 10 or 100!
    A forward thinking faker could apply a decal on a relic lid and bury it to be dug up later - improbable but not impossible!

?

I would proceed with extreme caution with this one. The seller has already been caught trying to sell a bad one here on the estand.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast