Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Relic, or only a relic with fake SS decal?

Article about: Hi all!! i'm thinking of buy this relic SS helmet, but i'm not sure about if it's a real SS relic, or only a relic with a decal add on later, (fake), as allways, i hope that the knowledge of

Default SS Relic, or only a relic with fake SS decal?

Hi all!! i'm thinking of buy this relic SS helmet, but i'm not sure about if it's a real SS relic, or only a relic with a decal add on later, (fake), as allways, i hope that the knowledge of the forum people could help me!

Another question is: how would be a good price for this helmet in this conditions? (nowadays a SS helmet in perfect conditions cost too much money for me, and i think buy this would be an interesting chance for have a SS helmet)

Thank you very much to all!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Relic, or only a relic with fake SS decal?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS Relic, or only a relic with fake SS decal?

i have a good feeling for this ss decal,the bottom does not appear too good, and this may give cause for concern regarding fakers. but the age appears correct, im looking for one myself so im also interested in knowing prices, hope this turns out good for you,and ive not made a fool of myself, fingers crossed foryou,best from george

From what I have seen presentable SD SS relics usually go for $700-800 and up, depending on condition -- probably somewhat lower if they're really rough. Not going to comment on that decal as I wouldn't really know either way... looks kind of scrubbed though.

How do you expect us to give an opinion without a close-up of the decal ....

Thanks guys for your answers!!
    i have ask to the seller for a better photo of the decal (this is what i have for now)

Waiting for a better photo, if we confirm that it's a genuine decal, any opinion about the price? (more or less, in order to have an idea of what would be spend too much, or a good deal! ^^ )

I think that these relics are such a subjective matter that you'd be better off seeing what he's looking to get, then post it here and take it from there. All this depending on whether or not it's a genuine SS relic, that is...

?

What is the source of this Helmet ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Without clear closeups I am afraid nobody can say. I enlarged the photo and I am not sure that given the condition of the decal it will be possible to do so either without an in hand. I would strongly consider the source, if not a bulletproof purchase with an unconditional lifetime guarantee of authenticity I would not consider it (or any SS helmet for that matter).

The source was eBay, but the seller removed the item, price 200€. i think i'm gonna let it go...

Probably for the best, you'll find better ones! Might be as as easy as looking in the classified ads on here... there's at least a couple of SS relics there from a trusted digger --- those would probably come with the actual find location as well... a big +++