Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Relic SD M42 for verification

Article about: Hi all- found this helmet for sale and I'm not sure if it's the genuine article. I know these are faked SO much so I honestly won't be surprised if it's not right. Any info appreciated! Robb

Default Re: SS Relic SD M42 for verification

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi,
    For me the helmet look ok but thats my thoughts on it, as i collect battlefield relic helmets among other military items. i am going by the patina in the metal, and the same patina in the bullet strike i have helmets that have the same type of damage where the round has gone through sideways on a spin. so this is nothing unusual in relics
    but you must make your own mind up. Best of luck.
    dave.
    i can see what you mean about a sideways stike by a bullet the only thing i noticed was that if you look at the photo below you will see the circle with the shredded steel going inward which is percfly correct for a bullet spining however it shouldn't have the side strick (arrow) has gone in at a different angle
    SS Relic SD M42 for verification

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Relic SD M42 for verification
    P
    Many

?

That's a Pocher or replica of a Pocher on an M40 helmet. I highly doubt the decals authenticity due to this point alone but without a proper decal photo it is impossible to say only speculate. I would rather err on the side of caution, Pocher SS decals are very rarely found on M40's and when they are it's typically with a reissued helmet with the original SS decal under the Pocher or a reverse decal / double runic.

?

Is it really an M40? In the original auction, e.g. WWII RELIC M42 GERMAN HELMET WITH REMAINING DECAL | eBay , it lacks the rolled edge and looks more like the M42 to me.
    Nonetheless, it does seem to be a little pricey for what it is and if it's an iffy decal then I'll give it a miss. Thanks all!

Robbie

?

My apologies I meant to type M42. Pochers are rarely found on both M40 and M42.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    My apologies I meant to type M42. Pochers are rarely found on both M40 and M42.
    Interesting info. I never knew Pochers were found on M42's. Something new I learned today.

regards
    Samir

?

I've only seen 1 I believe. Had a meeting with a collector down in California yesterday and he had quite a convincing one to show me but as I suspected ADM proved the decal to be a hi end fake which I will be doing another ADM expose on after SOS.

You will find Pochers on M40/42 reverse decal and double runics as the "extra" decal however but these are rare rare rare to find.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    I've only seen 1 I believe. Had a meeting with a collector down in California yesterday and he had quite a convincing one to show me but as I suspected ADM proved the decal to be a hi end fake which I will be doing another ADM expose on after SOS.

You will find Pochers on M40/42 reverse decal and double runics as the "extra" decal however but these are rare rare rare to find.
    I can't wait to see the ADM results. Keep me posted, Doug.

Regards
    Samir

?

This ones a very good fake with 1 serious but minor flaw that got me scratching my head. ADM exposed the rest. But had that small flaw not been there it would be a perfect visual fake.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    This ones a very good fake with 1 serious but minor flaw that got me scratching my head. ADM exposed the rest. But had that small flaw not been there it would be a perfect visual fake.
    This I gotta see. I'm eager to learn from this.

?

Ah, so not only is it not a spectacular deal, but it's also fake. Okay, thanks for the info! It was relisted at £120 and I thought I'd better recheck the thread to ensure I hadn't missed a winning verdict. Thanks again!

Robbie

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast