Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS RZM marked helmet chinstrap

Article about: Hello I was wondering if RZM made SS marked chinstraps ever during the war. I have seen a few examples one of which was in Kelly Hicks book on SS helmets. What sort of mark would have been m

?

Default SS RZM marked helmet chinstrap

Hello
    I was wondering if RZM made SS marked chinstraps ever during the war. I have seen a few examples one of which was in Kelly Hicks book on SS helmets. What sort of mark would have been made on a chinstrap like this. If anyone has one could they please post it for comparison. Any help would be great
    Sean

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS RZM marked helmet chinstrap
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS RZM marked helmet chinstrap

The most common SS marked chinstrap is maker Carl Tesch and these are embossed SS VA 1938 or 1939 marked, not SS RZM, found on typically 1938/39 Q SS M35's. 99.9% of all SS RZM printed or embossed chinstraps are fake. I have seen very few real SS RZM stamped straps, they are stamped like the EM/NCO visor cap chinstraps and not embossed. These straps are very rare! I don't believe these were made wartime only prewar but so few exist that I cannot say with certainty.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    The most common SS marked chinstrap is maker Carl Tesch and these are embossed SS VA 1938 or 1939 marked, not SS RZM, found on typically 1938/39 Q SS M35's. 99.9% of all SS RZM printed or embossed chinstraps are fake. I have seen very few real SS RZM stamped straps, they are stamped like the EM/NCO visor cap chinstraps and not embossed. These straps are very rare! I don't believe these were made wartime only prewar but so few exist that I cannot say with certainty.
    Doug, you stand correct. Theres so many fakes, I wouldn't even get near one unless I had hardcore provenance.

Samir

I would like to clarify one part of your post. The RZM did not manufacture anything. They licensed firms to manufacture items from a standard extablished by the Reichszugmeisterei.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Yes this is correct, thanks Bob for the clarification.

?

Doug, I came close once and almost bought the one Bob used to have on his site for $500. If I recall he said it came off his double decal SS M35. I would like to have one, but don't think I could dish out $500 for a chin strap. I rather add another $500 and buy an SS CT and be happy.

?

I'd be buying if I was 110% sure it was real however like most stamped or embossed SS RZM markings in leather, its sooooo easy to fake.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    I'd be buying if I was 110% sure it was real however like most stamped or embossed SS RZM markings in leather, its sooooo easy to fake.
    That bad, huh? I dont think i'll ever buy one.

Samir

?

Thanks all for the information
    Sean F

?

Well I've done I little more research on the strap. My father has one that he got in the early 90s from bill Shea. It has the SS RZM markings on the chin strap. It was brought back by a veteran the soldier who had the helmet was in Berchtesgaden. My father thought the man was most likely in the ss in the early days 38 and 39 I have never seen one since

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast