Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS salty helmet

Article about: I was looking for some opinions on this helmet. The seller knows his stuff. But on SS also like me no expert. I am thinking about buying this one. I like it because the decal is 90% there. c

Default SS salty helmet

I was looking for some opinions on this helmet. The seller knows his stuff. But on SS also like me no expert. I am thinking about buying this one. I like it because the decal is 90% there. condition of the shell is less then I want for my heer collection. But it makes it some what affordable. And I would like to add a SS helmet to my collection.

SS salty helmetSS salty helmetSS salty helmetSS salty helmetSS salty helmetSS salty helmetSS salty helmetSS salty helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS salty helmet
    P
    Many

Beware of sellers who know their stuff - but are not experts in certain fields... When you find out it's wrong and you take it back... it's a case of... "Well I told you I was no expert on SS helmets."

I don't like the decal. The graphics look off, and from the pictures it is hard to tell but I don't see any pulver - the composition is not right, and of course the bottom is gone. In my opinion the decal is a round bottom fake with the bottom scraped off to protect the not so innocent. Just my 2 cents, which my wife says aren't worth a penny. Anyway, I would keep looking for that first SS. Jim G.

MAP
    ?

I agree with Jim, but I will say that I don't think the bottom is scraped off. It actually has a layer of paint on it. Either way it is hiding what I too suspect as being a round bottom fake based on the ill defined break in the border on either side of the SS ruins.

It might be the flash but I might see some pulver. But I still don't think it is good.

Can you proved the maker and lot number? And ask the seller for clear straight on photo of the decal. No flash, in natural non-direct sunlight?

And that is my 5 centavos which as everyone knows is worth much less than Jim's two cents
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I do not like the decal or the area around it. Notice there
    are lots of chips, speckles and flaking everywhere
    except near the decal.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Personally the runes look to "skinny" to me on top of the other potential issues. Not one I would want. Leon.

Yes, I've always been wary of fake round bottoms.