MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Schalburg Korps helmet, real?

Article about: Talk about jumping in the deep end with your first helmet too, get your money back and get a really nice SD luft for that price.

Default Re: Is this helmet shell rare? *FAKE* M40 Schalburg Corps SS Helmet

Talk about jumping in the deep end with your first helmet too, get your money back and get a really nice SD luft for that price.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Schalburg Korps helmet, real?
    P
    Many

You are very right, it is a lot of money, however the seller was an antique militaria dealer, and I got papers of authenticity with it and everything, the dealer must have thought it was original aswell. I would never pay that much over the internet, but I trusted the dealer. Yes this is the one it was done to, but actually by the dealer, below the liner band.

Quote by Datrus View Post
    IMO it looks hand painted. The helmet itself looks ok, but some "gut feeling" makes me dislike the "Wiking" swas. All around it looks asymmetrical and hand painted. The left "hook" is wider at the end. Edges all around looks..... hand painted. My opinion. I might be wrong. Maybe bad pics.

Regards

Lars. Denmark
    Thanks for the opinion, however the Schalburg Corps always handpainted this symbol on to their helmets, so it should be like this.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Talk about jumping in the deep end with your first helmet too, get your money back and get a really nice SD luft for that price.
    Yep, I'm drowning on my first jump... Where could I get a helmet like that? I have been looking at germanmilitaria.com, do you have any experience with them? I'm trying my best to find respected dealers.

Forget worthless 'papers of authenticity'. I would go back and try to
    get a refund A.S.A.P. - it has been messed with ! As well, if it were
    original, taking steel wool or sandpaper to any collectible - just
    to find some markings - will further devalue it, IMO.

It's your money.........!
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 02-18-2012 at 11:34 PM.
    Regards,

Steve.

IMO you would be best buying from a collector first. Stick around here and other forums to soak up what you can, and have a look at what is for sale. Wehrmacht awards forum has a good e-stand for helmets, and a lot of other militaria. It is self policed by the community also, on the rare occasion a fake is posted they are spotted and removed fast. My favourite forums are here, Wehrmacht Awards and German Helmet Walhalla.

For example, great starter M42 Army, maybe still a little expensive Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Really nice Luftschutz Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

?

Not sure why you are being directed away from THIS forum , please check out our classifieds where you will find some excellent original examples for sale !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Not sure why you are being directed away from THIS forum , please check out our classifieds where you will find some excellent original examples for sale !!
    Thanks, I will definately check it out!

Quote by Paul E View Post
    I didn't even realise that was actually what I was doing! My apologies for a bit of a faux pas Paul. Indeed do check out here as well! As I said, this place is also one of the safest to make a first purchase. Good luck in your search

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I didn't even realise that was actually what I was doing! My apologies for a bit of a faux pas Paul. Indeed do check out here as well! As I said, this place is also one of the safest to make a first purchase. Good luck in your search
    Thank you, much appriciated. I'm going to get my money back for this helmet, and spend them here instead! :-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast