Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Ss sd m40 q64

Article about: Hello guys. So, yesterday the tabset, today this one came in the mail. Santa was allready very generous this year. It's very hard to see the markings Q64 and N332 but it's there for sure. Lo

I just want to adress a few misconceptions I read here with regard to lot numbers :

A lotnumber can be any branch , not because there is one listed as Heer that other yet to be seen are all Heer ! If you take a look at other lotnumbers of which more than one are listed they all have different branches listed under the same number.

I see Krisse write that the helmet on ww2germanhelmets is only 22 helmets apart from his helmet ? No-one knows how many helmets are in a lot , there's only speculation about that so again where does this kind of faulty speculation come from ?

Be careful with making deductions based on a lotnumber list , you have to look at the whole and consider its limitations.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss sd m40 q64
    P
    Many

?

I have been busy all day and after a long and arduous 17 hour day. I was going home now to bed to a well deserved sleep, but received an email from a member to check out this thread and offer my opinion.

I first started off with the helmet posted in GHW in 2011. Here was my exact comment:

"Looks like a good Q, a nicer decal shot would be nice." Here is the poor photo that accompanied the thread.

Ss sd m40 q64

Please note my comment as well from the Mirror Runic decal helmet I gave to Samir.

Quote by SSamir
    Holy cow! This surfaced at an antique shop or something? Doug, you think its the real-deal for sure?
    My Response
    Nothing's "sure" for me until I have it in hand.

This goes for any helmet I offer any opinion on. Do not buy anything just based on a "forum COA" as I have seen guys lose out on even "Expert" opinion on everything from belt buckles to uniforms to helmets, things change when you get it in hand and can examine something in the flesh.

So, onto this thread, the helmet has reasonably better photos of the decal. Not 100% crisp but reasonable decal pics.

I know the exact fake Samir speaks of and I have had many a Q in my collection of the "fat" and "normal" Q, far more than the half dozen Samir speaks of.

In addition to the sharp print (not just "points" but "print" - this is critical) the Q that should be correct on this helmet will have certain "flare's" to a rune edge and a subtle but noticeable difference between the left and right rune. If you study these Kradun, you will know exactly what to look for.

With the decal posted in 2011 I said the decal needs a better picture, and none was provided.
    Here there is a good enough photo where based on what I see I agree with Samir. Having an in hand however, is paramount.

This also proves the GHW2 theory that PICTURE QUALITY IS IMPORTANT and is why we close threads with too small or poor photo quality. We slipped up that day and should have closed the thread. But we are volunteers doing this as time permits for the grand wage of $0 and 0 cents per hour, so you get what you get.

Also Kradun, just because it was on WAF and nobody said anything means nothing. Their e-stand is unmoderated and I see so much fake crap there I long ago stopped looking. And you wanted a forum COA vs knowing the decals yourself, and didn't post good photos. As well, the images you posted here are good decals. You are just being stubborn to those that know more about what to look for than you, sorry.

I will also say that when this Q surfaced a few years ago it fooled damn near everyone including some very top collectors and dealers. It was placed only on Q helmet as well, the fakers knew enough to cover off decal to shell relationship.

I would advise tracing the helmet back to its source as well.

Cheers
    Doug

I won't be online for several days now. I have work to do….
    see you on the weekend.

Hi Doug , thank you for that detailed response , I am glad that I am "slowly"learning from you (and SSamir) what to look out for and that my opinion was also correct in this case! I am sorry for Krisse though as he was really looking forward to having this helmet , at least the seller has been gracious enough to offer him a refund so good on him for that! Leon.

Quote by DougB View Post
    I have been busy all day and after a long and arduous 17 hour day. I was going home now to bed to a well deserved sleep, but received an email from a member to check out this thread and offer my opinion.

I first started off with the helmet posted in GHW in 2011. Here was my exact comment:

"Looks like a good Q, a nicer decal shot would be nice." Here is the poor photo that accompanied the thread.

Ss sd m40 q64

Please note my comment as well from the Mirror Runic decal helmet I gave to Samir.

Quote by SSamir
    Holy cow! This surfaced at an antique shop or something? Doug, you think its the real-deal for sure?
    My Response
    Nothing's "sure" for me until I have it in hand.

This goes for any helmet I offer any opinion on. Do not buy anything just based on a "forum COA" as I have seen guys lose out on even "Expert" opinion on everything from belt buckles to uniforms to helmets, things change when you get it in hand and can examine something in the flesh.

So, onto this thread, the helmet has reasonably better photos of the decal. Not 100% crisp but reasonable decal pics.

I know the exact fake Samir speaks of and I have had many a Q in my collection of the "fat" and "normal" Q, far more than the half dozen Samir speaks of.

In addition to the sharp print (not just "points" but "print" - this is critical) the Q that should be correct on this helmet will have certain "flare's" to a rune edge and a subtle but noticeable difference between the left and right rune. If you study these Kradun, you will know exactly what to look for.

With the decal posted in 2011 I said the decal needs a better picture, and none was provided.
    Here there is a good enough photo where based on what I see I agree with Samir. Having an in hand however, is paramount.

This also proves the GHW2 theory that PICTURE QUALITY IS IMPORTANT and is why we close threads with too small or poor photo quality. We slipped up that day and should have closed the thread. But we are volunteers doing this as time permits for the grand wage of $0 and 0 cents per hour, so you get what you get.

Also Kradun, just because it was on WAF and nobody said anything means nothing. Their e-stand is unmoderated and I see so much fake crap there I long ago stopped looking. And you wanted a forum COA vs knowing the decals yourself, and didn't post good photos. As well, the images you posted here are good decals. You are just being stubborn to those that know more about what to look for than you, sorry.

I will also say that when this Q surfaced a few years ago it fooled damn near everyone including some very top collectors and dealers. It was placed only on Q helmet as well, the fakers knew enough to cover off decal to shell relationship.

I would advise tracing the helmet back to its source as well.

Cheers
    Doug

I won't be online for several days now. I have work to do….
    see you on the weekend.
    Hmmm - many, many years, maybe 30 or 50 it Q decals type be nice,
    textbook Q decal, but last 2 years we have new info about it fake
    -can you say me why???
    where we have it? and some very serious guys change opinion for 180 degree...
    I wait weekend, no problem

Quote by gobusik View Post
    Hmmm - many, many years, maybe 30 or 50 it Q decals type be nice,
    textbook Q decal, but last 2 years we have new info about it fake
    -can you say me why???
    where we have it? and some very serious guys change opinion for 180 degree...
    I wait weekend, no problem
    Are we talking to a wall?.

Things change and new information is discovered. And finally a better photo is provided and we have the "Ah Ha!" Moment. I don't know what else there is that Doug or SSamir could say to persuade you. You seem to have your mind made up and nothing will persuade you otherwise.

?

First Kradun I owe you exactly nothing. It is my opinion. Take it or leave it.

Second, this fake has been known for some time.

Third. You posted s h i t pictures and were requested by yours truly to post better ones. You failed to do so. Not my fault. My opinion was clearly qualified that better photos were needed.

Fourth and finally, I feel a tad more qualified to offer this opinion - based on photos provided - good and bad - than most and I say that with all respect and modesty. I can point out the flaws. And have.

Case close for me. Good night, and that's all I will say on the subject matter.

I honestly think all that can be said has been said.

The main thing is people are aware now of this decal and a refund is offered.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8