Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ss sd m42

Article about: Hello, I'm sure this will be a quick diagnosis. I wondered whether this helmet had a chance, as I've been staring at the decal in comparison with the first pattern Pocher for ages now and I

?

Default Re: Ss sd m42

I agree! It spent a lot of years in the shed, but without that decal! Sorry, its a fake decal!

Samir

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss sd m42
    P
    Many

?

That's a fake Q decal I am afraid. Note the runes extend 1 mm below the break and the lower left rune ends just off the shield edge. Remember on M42 single decal Pochers should be approached with extreme caution. Even if this were a real one I would believe it was a postwar applied Pocher given its exterior condition many of them came back loose in sheets and found their way onto no decal M40 and M42s.

Robbie, sadly the words affordable and SS typically do not go together. cheap SS offerings are usually in poor condition or in most cases, plain fakes as this one is.

?

Doug, I really appreciate you going into detail about what's wrong with the decal, it'll save me this trouble next time. And I knew it was a long shot - I just hoped, as per usual, that I might have found something which had slipped through the net! It's no big deal anyway, I'd have had to sell a good part of my collection to afford it. Thank you for the help everyone!

Kind regards,

Robbie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2