Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Ss sd m42?

Article about: Hello, gentlemen. This is the first post in which I am showing an item of my own. I am hesitant however. I am rather new to this thing but have read enough to know that this may be an item o

I concur with my fellow colleagues and friends , hkp shell , fake decal.
    We have seen this done I'm sure a thousand times , hkp and SE simply did not produce for the SS.

Paint is also not correct and the orange rust on the inside of the liner band is also suspect.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss sd m42?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    I saw the "." David.

Probably I've deserved it several times for my rookie errors, not sure you have.

But yes, tooling marks. Beerguy, what are your thoughts on the markings to the decal?
    nick
    Guys...the "." is just when someone edits / removes what they said. We can't delete a post nor delete completely what was written. The software requires something. So the proverbial "."

Ive done it a number of time
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you, guys. I would still like to know more about the paint. I am trying to include a better shot of the bottom of the shield but I'm stuck on the mobile app for now.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Beerguy View Post
    Thank you, guys. I would still like to know more about the paint. I am trying to include a better shot of the bottom of the shield but I'm stuck on the mobile app for now.
    On the top right of the search bar you will see three dots. Click on it and then pick Desktop View. It should revert you to the full site
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Beerguy View Post
    Just send it back for a refund asap. That is my advice.

The helmet came in trade quite a few years back. I am not all that dissapointed as I didn't have much invested. I would still like to know what characteristics the paint had that were so obvious. This wouldn't be the dark or second style field gray? I also got this close up of the bottom of the shield just to confirm the flat bottom(?) suggestion. Thank you all again for the information!Ss sd m42?

Hi, I know that this has been spotted as our old friend the "round bottom" fake, but I just wanted to add my complete agreement with that assessment. I am glad it did not cost you much Beerguy as it is a completely re-worked shell from top to bottom. Leon.

I got stung by a "round bottom" fake on a relic helmet in the early days....... once bitten, never forgotten!

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss sd m42?   Ss sd m42?  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3