Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Single Decal M35? M40?

Article about: Hello Friends, I have come across this helmet and look to all of you for guidance. I have no idea if legit or not. Please give me your honest feedback and guidance. Sorry that the decals are

Default SS Single Decal M35? M40?

Hello Friends,

I have come across this helmet and look to all of you for guidance. I have no idea if legit or not. Please give me your honest feedback and guidance.

Sorry that the decals are rotated, they are not in my file. I do not know how to rotate them here. I know it is a pain to look at rotated pictures. Any one help?

Thanks,

William

SS Single Decal M35? M40?SS Single Decal M35? M40?SS Single Decal M35? M40?SS Single Decal M35? M40?SS Single Decal M35? M40?SS Single Decal M35? M40?SS Single Decal M35? M40?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Single Decal M35? M40?
    P
    Many

Looks to be a Q M40 with repro decal.

Must have looked at this helmet 50 times. Don't know if it is the shadow from the pic...but the vents almost look like M35. Of course Q M40 were known for their oversized "Doughnut vents"...but this one does not look like that.

The DNXXX is a batch# for Q M40s'...so it must be. Just sort of odd looking from your pics
    Last edited by real steel; 09-04-2017 at 04:56 PM. Reason: review air vents

Hi, the exterior paint lacks age/patina to me. I don't like the design of the decal, I think its trying to be a Quist - fail, and the liner looks suspiciously oiled to give it some age from that poor pic.

Thank you Real Steel & Blackdog for your replies. Greatly appreciated.

William

Quote by real steel View Post
    Looks to be a Q M40 with repro decal.

Must have looked at this helmet 50 times. Don't know if it is the shadow from the pic...but the vents almost look like M35. Of course Q M40 were known for their oversized "Doughnut vents"...but this one does not look like that.

The DNXXX is a batch# for Q M40s'...so it must be. Just sort of odd looking from your pics
    I thought the vent holes looked like M35 also that is why I questioned it.

Why don't you just lift the liner a little & either run your finger over the vent hole or see if it is an insert as an M35 would have ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Why don't you just lift the liner a little & either run your finger over the vent hole or see if it is an insert as an M35 would have ?
    I do not have the helmet. I saw it for sale and have seen too many fake SS helmet so I posted here first. You answered my question. I had my doubts.

Thanks,

William

As the fella's have already stated, this one is not sporting an original decal and I to am not keen on the exterior paint from these images. Leon.

Thanks to all of you for your expert help and advice. To me it all looks good until you point out the problems which become very obvious. I love the learning from you.

William

As already stated not a good one and an M40 although I suspect even the shell is post war.