Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Verfugungstruppe/ waffen SS helmet

Article about: is this helmet a good SS helmet?

Collector11
    ?

Default SS Verfugungstruppe/ waffen SS helmet

SS Verfugungstruppe/ waffen SS helmetSS Verfugungstruppe/ waffen SS helmetSS Verfugungstruppe/ waffen SS helmetSS Verfugungstruppe/ waffen SS helmetSS Verfugungstruppe/ waffen SS helmet

is this helmet a good SS helmet?

2. # ADS

?

Looks good from here, can you post additional close ups of the decals? Thanks.

Robt.

Collector11
    ?

I believe that this is the same helmet as DougB had, he started a thread in 2010 on which he described the helmet the lotnumber matches his description. If this is the same helmet i would like to know if DougB maybe knows the name of the veteran because i was told that this was from a veteran in Atlanta and that was the story that came with it, does anyone here know how to contact him so i can get information from where this helmet has been?

- - ------- - -

i also believe that an ET decal is underneath the replacement pocher decal

Collector11
    ?

braunschweig liner and et64

Collector11
    ?

SS Verfugungstruppe/ waffen SS helmetSS Verfugungstruppe/ waffen SS helmet
    here are close-ups of the decals.

Hi, well I think that it is all original, but I would add the caveat that the Pocher over decal is so poorly aligned over the ET that it may possibly be post war added? That's not a fact by any means, just my "gut" feeling and I would add that the Pocher was clearly applied many decades ago!! Leon.

is the angle of the image but dose addler in the party shield looks off center ?

Collector11
    ?

It is 100% Original and guarenteed. Can be found in lotnr database. Was a present from my father and came with a certificate from Weitze. It is important to realize that during the war, at some point, the germans had bigger concerns than putting decals straight....

?

The Pocher looks old and oxidized, they were face up waterslides and basically the stock decal at depot level. We can only speculate as to why and when it was applied though its possible to be overly fixated by the haphazard way it was placed.

Robt.