Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Volunteer Helmet

Article about: Ok guys, I only collect luftwaffe. I don't know much about ss helmets, that is why I'm posting and asking for opinions on this. As far as I know, the SS volunteer helmet decals were applied

Default SS Volunteer Helmet

Ok guys, I only collect luftwaffe. I don't know much about ss helmets, that is why I'm posting and asking for opinions on this. As far as I know, the SS volunteer helmet decals were applied reverse. And I know this is a real shell of a ww2 helmet but can anyone tell me if they think this is legitimately a real volunteer ss helmet?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Volunteer Helmet   SS Volunteer Helmet  

SS Volunteer Helmet   SS Volunteer Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Volunteer Helmet
    P
    Many

Sorry but it is bad IMHO. Repainted over pitting/dents and then the crappy decals on top of that.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

The SS decal must be on the other side.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Really bad decals.
    chris

Yes Chris...
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

sorry.

Thanks for the input. Worth it to strip it maybe?

?

Hi and welcome by the way. I would initially say not worth it just to strip whats the asking price? unless you already own it? if you wanted something to strip I have an SE66 M35 I am looking to get rid of if you would be interested feel free to make me an offer. Its a bit beat up with some pitting at the front but partially restored new paint etc. Cheers! Sean.

?

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    The SS decal must be on the other side.
    Well, there were foreign volunteer SS units that had the decals placed like this.

?

Krisse is correct, Some helmets issued to foreign volunteer units were double decal polizei with the SS decal placed over the polizei decal explaining the reversal. Even double decal polizei M42's have been seen with the reverse SS decal. Cheers! Sean.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast